If I was to ask you to list who your three heroes were, who would you list and why?

For I:

1, John Pilger- Great writer with real balls. Who in the 70's incited the care of the Global community over the terrible suffering in Kampuchea ( now Cambodia ) over the 'Killing Fields'

2, Oscar Wilde- Despite his many eccentricities, cared little by sticking up a finger to the world and always remaining true to himself.

3, Bhagat Chandresahkhar, Despite suffering Polio as a child, overcame it to become one of the most brilliant spinners, cricket has seen. A sincere gentleman loved by allIf I was to ask you to list who your three heroes were, who would you list and why?

Most Helpful Girl

• Counting out personal admiration, like family members:

John Steinbeck, Johnny Cash & Mother Teresa.

All for the same reason. They saw humanity very clearly - all the good and the bad, the beautiful and the ugly, the sick and the well and so on. They recognized this huge variation and his often we fall short from the ideal... But truly loved all the people deeply.

• Mother Theresa defina how flawed humanity was

With her caring for those who no one cared for and when she died she got scant publicity for her true meaning and greatness

mainly for it was on the same day as Princess Di who was always going to sell more papers for the hype around her

What Girls Said 4

• Mom, dad and uncle.

• Taylor Hebert, Contessa, Alexandria

• Jacques Cousteau - Really the one that got me interesting in marine sciences. I've always admired the advances he's in the marine science field.

Steve Irwin - Grew up watching him and loved his compassion for conservation and his love of animals.

Ansel Adams - Have always loved his B&W landscapes and is the reason im now into photography.

• I'd say
    1. Jeb Bush
    2. George W. Bush
    3. Laura Bush

What Guys Said 16

• Plato - a guy who died over 2000 years ago and yet still has relevant philosophies that apply to this day is a boss in my opinion

Frederick Douglas - before Obama, before King, before Dubois there was Frederick Douglas. He an escaped slave who went on to be an advisor to Lincoln during the Civil War. he successfully petitioned Lincoln to allow blacks to fight in the Civil War arguing that since it was a battle for their freedom the should be able to fight for it. He was also the first black man to publicly support the women's suffrage movement

George Harrison - He was the quietest Beatle but he had a huge impact. Of course a great musician but he also an advocate for peace, the homeless, impoverished people and civil rights. he helped popularized Buddhism and transcendental meditation (so the yoga mom's should thank him). plus he alone helped produce the first few Monty Python projects

• Gordon Freeman - although not the first video game I played, Gordon was the first video game character of whom I actuall thought of as a character and not just an extension of me.
    images.popmatters.com/.../...n-freeman-620x620.jpg
    The Punisher. Because he did what was right and had no fear.
    dncache-mauganscorp.netdna-ssl.com/.../...nail.jpg
    Eminem. Because.
    media1.santabanta.com/.../eminem-1a.jpg

• (1) Nicola Tesla, the real invented of electricity. He also held over 600 patents. (2) Srinivasa Ramanujan is one of the celebrated Indian mathematicians. His important contributions to the field include Hardy-Ramanujan-Littlewood circle method in number theory, Roger-Ramanujan’s identities in partition of numbers, work on algebra of inequalities, elliptic functions, continued fractions, partial sums and products of hypergeometric series. (3) Sun Tzu, Chinese general, military strategist, and philosopher, who Wrote the Art Of War - One famous quote says, For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. He was the greatest military mind to every have walked the face of this earth. At some point, someone will achieve greater success, Sun Tzu was born in 544 BC and dies 496 BC. So far 2600 years have passed and still none have equaled him. General Stone Wall Jackson, General George S Patton, and General Douglas MacArthur were brilliant and about the closet thing we know today but not close enough to be in the same room with Sun Taz.

• 1# Theodore Roosevelt.

2# Sun Tzu.

3# Miyamoto Musashi.

4#(because I can) Bruce Lee not for his movies but how he saw philosophy and martial arts, life in general.

• I can't think of 3 but my #1 is Tesla. Just look at his inventions and what he wanted to accomplish. This man was a true hero, a real man of science who wanted the world to move forward and didn't care about money. He is my true hero.

• #2 would be Sun Tzu : when you read "The Art of War" as a metaphor for life, you can learn valuable lessons and #3 Bruce Lee : A very smart philosoph and very skilled martial artist. I'm not choosing him for his movies but for the way he saw martial arts.

• Don't have any. Heroes are human beings prone to the same failings as everyone else. I take the wisdom from a lot of people and leave behind the failings so I never really idiolized any one. Their are many brilliant and wonderful people out their but I find its important to remember that their people doing what they think is right no different then me or any one else.

• Margaret Thatcher - the original superwoman.

Hugh Heffner - his philosophies on life is mind blowing and he wasn't just confined to thinking and theory, he turned it all into reality.

Michael Jordan - pure work ethic.

• 1) lexxi foxx from steel panther because he has epic hair
    2) hercules from ancient greek mythology because he has nice muscles
    3) conan the barbarian just because i like him

• Niccolo Machiaveli - Because The Prince

JFK- because he was the last REAL PRESIDENT

Tesla- Because what everybody else said

Jesus- For trying to spread the idea of LOVE, FORGIVENESS, & SERVICE to others

• Theodore Roosevelt
    Quentin Tarantino
    I'll get back to ya

• Arnold- because he made lifting weights what it is today. And he gave no fucks

Josey Whales (Clint Eastwood)- cause he gives no fucks

Me- I give no fucks

• Jay Cutler - IFBB Pro

jim stoppani, ph. d.

Ronnie Coleman - 8x Mr Olympia

• 1. Spider-man, 2. Batman, 3. Garbage Men (they work just as hard as soldiers, police & firefighters, but get no respect)

• Adolf Hitler
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    Julius Caesar

• 1. My parents- They made me who I am. Support my decisions and have guided me through difficult situations. My parents have also been through a lot when they were young so they have experience.

2. Buakaw Banchamek- Inspires me to become the best through hard work. Inspired me to start working out also. Beginning Muay Thai next year thanks to this mans influence on me.

3. Browsing GaG- While not a hero this site has helped me quite a lot. Opened my eyes on peoples opinions, I've gotten through bad days and insecurities thanks to this site.

I guess I would have to thank Fearless_Banana most. Browsing here daily and seeing him around this site got me into lifting and changed my life. Basically insecurities + mirin' Fearless_Banana + my parents + one of the best Muay Thai fighters = Catalyst in changing life.

• Stalin, Colonel Gadaffi, Hilter, Sadam Hussain and Napoleon are my heros. All were under dogs who came from nothing but rose to the top.