What are the must-do states to visit in the US?

Planning on going over to study in the US once I'm done with high school, and I'm hoping I'll get the chance to travel a lot as well.

So I'm wondering what are the must do states to visit in the US?

Also, if you have any recommendations on states to study in (I'm thinking Cali because I have family there) that would be appreciated!

Most Helpful Guy

• New Yorkia
    California
    Florida
    Hey come visit Missouri

Most Helpful Girl

• New York, California, Florida, Washington DC, Hawaii, and Arizona are the major ones due to popular tourist attractions. But each state has something different to offer. Oregon has some beautiful coasts and hiking trails for instance.

What Guys Said 18

• Normally I would troll you, but I think you're pretty right on. So here goes. I like Virginia, Georgia, Montana, Illinois, Colorado and Arizona. If you want specific cities, I'd suggest Virginia Beach (But stay away from Newport News), I like Atlanta as a city overall, haven't been in years but it was nice when I was there, Helena, Montana is a nice city, very similar to Colorado Spring, Colorado in my opinion, I like North Chicago, and Rockford, and if you go up closer to Wisconsin it's also beautiful later in the year and Arizona is just great. All the California vibes without going to California which is overcrowded and touristy in most places travellers would go. The only thing is, no immediate coastline in Arizona.

• california
    new york (primarily new york city)
    Pennsylvania (for philadelphia the primary historical seat of the US government)
    Washington DC

depending on how much time you have. California and Florida have great beaches and weather... New York, Pennsylvania, and Washington DC are quite a long trip (about 6 hr plane from california)

• New York
    DC
    California
    Arizona
    Florida
    Hawaii
    Alaska

• All of the Rocky Mountain states especially NM, CO and ID

• It really depends on what you're interested in, and everyone has had good suggestions, but don't sleep on Virginia -- it has a wide range of geography (mountains, rolling hills, beaches) as well as history: it's the site of the first permanent English settlement in the US, the site of the conclusion of the Revolutionary War, the beginning and end of the US civil war, and birthplace of multiple important presidents (Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Wilson).
    Definitely hit Washington DC, and hit Chicago as well.

• Depends on what you want. For cities, New York or San Fransisco. For crazy nightlife and deserts and the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Nevada. For mountains, Colorado. For Forests amd hiking, the Appellation Trail (pick a state as it runs theough many). For amusement parks, beaches, relaxation (the Keys) and nightlife (Miami, South Beach), Florida.

• North and south Cali prob. Beach is where it's at.

• U alrdu know

• Visit Tennessee
    So much to do and see.

• Arizona has great weather all year round. ASU has a great reputation.

• Anything close to Canada.

• Detroit and Dearborn are very close to Canada but I guess they lack some other charms.

• Colorado

• Oregon is a beautiful state! Check it out!

• Just put Chicago on your list 😄

• North Carolina should be at the top of your list.

• @Summer_Bunny might know something about that, no? xD

• Nevada, New Mexico
    I'd visit those, beautiful

• California is so overrated. You need to come to OH

What Girls Said 10

• New York City is a Big Apple "Must See," @Luci92, and Yes... Must Do. Plenty of to Do and See.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• All depends on what you're into, but Cali is the best, it has a bit of everything. And its more about cities than states really.

• Florida is a must, it's a big tourist attraction. It's kind of annoying of how much tourist the state itself attracts but that's because it's soo great.
    TIP-Bring sunblock with spf higher than 50, the highest you can find. They don't call it the "Sunshine State" for no reason.

• - New York
    - California
    - Florida
    - Texas

• Don't go to the south!! I live there and there's nothing here... Atlanta can be pretty cool, but otherwise it's, pointless. I think PA is awesome.

• Cali, Arizona, Utah, Michigan, Florida, Maine, New York

• Not minnesota, that's for sure. Only thing we have here is the biggest mall in the country. Maybe some moose.

• New york, california, maybe georgia because of Atlanta. Dont go to Florida... just dont

• come here to Cali we are better than everyone else

• CALI CALI CALI!! That's where I'm from. I moved to Oregon last year (😭), but I'm going to college in Cali. I loved it there and miss it a whole lot.