Do you think high schoolers should have part-time jobs?

Part-time jobs take time off studying, or hanging out with friends, it could keep them back from after school activities, or after school group activities, (etc..)
Should high schoolers lose those privileges for part-time jobs?

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends

Most Helpful Guy

• it may take some time away from studying or hanging out with friends but you can still have plenty of time to do thos things and you learn responsibility, work ethic and how to manage time and money

i worked part-time most of my life in high school and don't feel like i didn't have time to study or hang out with friends

Most Helpful Girl

• Realistically yes, because during university some are fortunate to not have a job, however there are heaps that do, can prepare you and even give you an advantage so that if you don't want to work while in university (if you choose to go) you can live off the money you make whilst in high school. Not to mention it's great having your own money to begin with.

What Guys Said 8

• Yes. They should have less homework as well. A LOT less. It's estimated that the average American student has three times as much homework as they should.

• Even though I didn't need to, I did anyway. It gives you life lessons that you cannot learn in school.

• I have a job. Why they don't have a job better be to deep family issues, depression, suicidal thoughts or they're already dead. If not any of those, get to ass a job. Yes it's work, BUT IT'S ALSO MONEY.

• concentrate on school and use the bit of free time you have to chill.
    during the longer breaks you can get a job.

• Yeah you betcha, stack that cash. Sugar babies worldwide

• It really depends on your course load. If you taking all AP classes, then probably not.

• yup.

• It's your decision. You get experience and money which is very valuable.

What Girls Said 12

• eh, it's a good idea but not mandatory especially if the parents are helping out. good to focus on study and having 2-3days of work a week i reckon.

• Should-no.
    Can they-yea :) if they can handle it.
    Many kids have part time jobs, great grades, and do extracurricular activities. It's all about what the kid can do. Hopefully a young person doesn't have to work to put food on the table. That's the real tragedy, when they HAVE to work and school suffers.

• If they have enough time to manage their studies and any other extracurricular activities, then sure, why not? It's a way for them to save up cash for later or use it to purchase small things here and there as they see fit.

• 0|0
  • A part time job really helps you to buy anything that you want without asking your parents. Though it's best to have those jobs during school breaks, that way you don't neglect your studying.

• It depend on his financial status.
    For example, if his family is struggling with money, then it would be helpful if he does work part time.
    He can have his own pocket money so he won't have to ask his parents for certain things he may need.

• I did and am going to as soon as this clothing store calls me. It gives you experience and pocket money.

• I had a part time and it fucked up my schoolwork but if you dont take advanced classes it would be way easier

I'm one of those students who take advanced classes. Although I want a part-time job, I'm afraid it'll get in the way of my studies and after school activities. u___u

Wait until you are a senior because at that point what goes on your transcript won't go to colleges

Ok. Thanks for the advice~ (:

• No. They're children, they should be living their lives. They already spend enough time in school and doing homework, anything else is just insane.

• Vote C. Up to them

• Lol for most kids no. If you're going to college volunteering usually looks better

• Bruh I have three jobs as a senior