Your doorbell rings and it's the police! Is your first thought you did something wrong or a loved one was hurt or something else?

I haven't done anything wrong but if the police showed up at my door out of the blue, my immediate thought was I just got caught for doing something I wasn't suppose to do lol.

• I did something wrong and I'm going to jail
  • It's about someone else

Most Helpful Guy

• I would think that something happened and are looking for tips or any information from possible witnesses. Basically ask if I saw or heard anything unusual or suspicious lately. I know that I didn't do anything wrong so there's no need to think about that.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd think they'd want to talk to my brother, it's happened before. The FBI has come to ask him questions because he shared a similar name to a person they were looking for. Their names were still different though so I don't understand why they'd think it was him.

What Guys Said 15

• I would think immediately that they would be asking questions like if I saw something. I have had police come to my house before.

• This has happened to me before actually. They were going around warning people that they were hunting for someone in the area, they told us we should lock up tight and stay inside for the night to be safe.

But even if that hadn't happened, I would think it would be something similar, or they needed assistance of some sort.

• my first thought will be that i done something wrong

• First thought is them asking if I've seen or heard of any suspicious activity going around lately.

• 100% I did some shit I wasn't supposed to be doing

• it will happens someday
    no fucks given

• Flush it down the toilet and don't answer without a search warrant

• This actually happened to me in November when i found out my brother was dead...

• The police man losts his way.

• The Fuzz already knows who i am an i never do anything that would end with them on my door step !

• I would expect both since already both happened. I would try to figure it out from their greeting before I let them in.

• I'm out the back door

It's the truth

• It's about someone else

• WTF do you want asshole?
    Hands up don't shoot!

• My first thought is run. Ask questions later

What Girls Said 2

• I stay on the straight and narrow. I'm too cute and sweet to go to jail lol I would think someone was dead or they were looking for someone I know.

• For me it would be "something else" that I have already been through b4.