Is it cliche to get a poem quote tattoo?

I really love the poem "Stopping by woods on a Snowy Evening" and was planning on getting the quote,
"The woods are lovely, dark and depp,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

tattooed on my left shoulder. Is this too cliche to permanently scar my body with?

Most Helpful Guy

• Somewhat, is it something you don't mind seeing the rest of your life?

Nope, it's actually got a lot of sentimental value because it's my father's favorite poet.

I think I'm going to get it done in script, I love the way script looks.

Yeah that's what I would do too for a poem

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a quote from a poem as part of one of my tattoos as well and I have never regretted it. I love it. I think if it has sentimental value, it is something you wouldn't grow tired of.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• My thought on tattoos are that you shouldn't get one until you've entered into your career. Lots of jobs still prohibit tattoos.

That being said, hold onto the tattoo idea for 12 months. If you like it after 12 months then go ahead and get it tattooed. If you don't like it after 12 months then I guess it's great that you didn't get it as a tattoo.

I have been thinking about getting this for over a year. I've always said if I were to get a tattoo it'd be of this, because my dad used to always tell me "we have miles to go before we sleep." Also I'm planning to get it on my shoulder so I can easily hide it with a shirt. I"m planning to go into medicine which is why I specifically chose to get it on my shoulder so it would be easily concealable.

Well since you've thought about it for a year and it means something to you. I guess go ahead and get it. I've also seen more and more doctors with tattoos, so there's that to.

• No it would look gorgeous get it.