What is the kind of movies you hate?

I dont like musicals at all i mean i hate it when they start dancing and singing like idiots in the middle of the plot
And i also dont like science fiction it's kinda childish to me with all these robots and machine and stuff

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I don't like musicals either.
    I also don't like action blockbusters without a good plot and I hate most comedies. What I hate about comedies is that 98% of them are total crap. I hate dumb "turn-off-your-brain" kind of humor à la Adam Sandler. It makes me feel as though I lose IQ-points just from watching those movies. I do like a few comedies but I have very high expectations when it comes to comedies.

Concerning Science Fiction I would like to tell you that there are vast differences within the field of SciFi. Science Fiction isn't just Star Wars and stuff like that. There are also very realistic (and sometimes very socio-critical) Science Fiction movies. If you're interested in some awesome SciFi movies, try "Children of Men", "Gattaca", "Minority Report", "12 Monkeys", "A Clockwork Orange" or "1984". And if you're up for a crazy intellectual challenge, try "Primer".

Most Helpful Girl

• I absolutely agree with you. I also hate these two kinds of movies and for the same reasons.
    And I don't like science fiction movies because they are ridiculous.

In that case you haven't seen any good Science Fiction movies yet ;-).

Well, I don't know which type of science fiction movies you find ridiculous but I'm assuming you are referring to things like "Star Wars" or "Terminator" or "Alien" (films with robots and space travel and this kind of stuff). I don't like this type of SciFi movies either.
      Personally, I love realistic and/or socio-critical science fiction movies with some drama elements. Some films I consider pretty awesome: "Children of Men", "Gattaca", "Minority Report", "12 Monkeys", "Her", "A Clockwork Orange" (a classic) and "1984" (another classic). "Interstellar" is about space travel but it's very well-made (it was made with the help of real NASA scientists, so it's quite accurate scientifically). The same is true for "The Martian". "Inception" is sort of a science fiction movie but not completely. Finally, if you like indie movies and you're up for the craziest intellectual challenge any movie has ever given you, try "Primer". I watched this one twice already and I still don't fully get it ;-).

@BlueCoyote These movies seem interesting. Thank you, I will look for some of them :)
      And yes, I don't like movies with robots and space travel.

What Guys Said 4

• I totally dislike movies that is full of romance, love and also sexual scenes. I mean little bit of romance, love is good but if the entire length of the movie is full of love, romance then I dislike such movies.

• The ones that leave you hanging till the next film. Hunger Games would be a good example.

• Musicals it is

• space movies

What Girls Said 3

• My least favorite is probably westerns. I love horror, but there are certain sub-genres that I don't like at all. Certain ones that are just nasty, or extreme gore with no plot aren't for me.

• Horror

• I can't stand rom-coms and plotless action films.