What to do when you feel yourself becoming deadly?

My anger lately has evolved into pure rage. I can literately feel the veins popping out of my neck and forehead. I'm a former member of the military and I've had combat training before then so I could be a serious problem for someone. What should I do? Please offer insight and help?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. When you are angry, don't drive. Distracted thoughts can cause a wreck easily.
    2. Play a contact sport.
    3. Play a violent video game, not trying to accomplish the regular goals, just play like GTA and go on a killing spree of rage.
    4. Listen to loud music and work out.
    Those things work for me.

What Guys Said 6

• Try to calm yourself down. Breathe. Relax.

In combat you learn to overcome one emotion: fear of physical danger, to avoid acting on this fear and stay level-headed in such situations. There are other emotions to overcome: anger, insecurity, sadness, etc., in much the same way.

You can train yourself to react in a level-headed way during situations that trigger these feelings. Just like fear of danger, you can't necessarily control the emotion. Yet you can train yourself to take a good course of action in spite of feeling it.

It is actually possible, as difficult as it may sound initially, to feel so angry at someone and still talk to them gently and diplomatically, to seek a peaceful resolution. It is difficult and you have to learn to really hit the pause button and force yourself to do this when your emotions are raging, but it is possible.

And when you start doing this more often (and it will get easier each time), things that trigger your anger will often be deescalated before they turn into uncontrollable rage. Your whole life will become easier, your relationships with people better.

The peak of emotional maturity does not say, "I behaved poorly because [...]". The "because" part is already too far, because the peak of it does not allow poor behavior on any account. Strive for this and you will find, surprisingly, that you become much less angry and bitter in your life while having better and better relationships with people around you.

This is not so unlike combat training. If someone attacks you, a rookie instinct might want to step back, losing your footing. It requires defying every instinct in your body there to do things like side-step and counter. But you can train yourself to do this. And you can likewise train yourself to react in a way that isn't hostile even when you're feeling very hostile emotions if they don't lead to a desired outcome.

• When I turn into the Hulk I turn my phone off and go out for an evening drive in the country (or as close to it as I can in my corner of the world), with the windows rolled down. Alternatively, I might play a shooter like COD in campaign mode, to get the satisfaction of killing people without actually harming anyone.

In general I would say anything that works to relax you and keeps you way from things you might damage or people you might hurt is good in my opinion.

• Perhaps expense that rage in the gym or at a sport.
    Or in converse ever tried mediation?
    greatist.com/.../meditation-feature.jpg

• Try taking some anger management classes, perhaps?

• Omg!! Im now scared of you lmao. Don't hurt anyone wtf crazy bitch! Go to therapy!

• Isis applications out. Join us

What Girls Said 3

• Call the VA and ask what resources are available to you. Even go with google if you don't feel up to a call.

• Lol just chill

• you probably should see an anger management therapist !!!