Can you recall a time when you felt subtle discrimination against you?

Describe it. It could be discrimination on the grounds of anything e. g. race, gender, orientation, socioeconomic status etc etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• Employee told me I couldn't buy a food item in my cart with ebt when I don't have ebt, I didn't even know what it was lol. I get a lot of people my color need that but assuming is for dumbasses.

Wow. I had to google that, as I'm from Australia. I've had something similar happen when I walked into a car dealer. He looked at me and said "you wont' be able to afford these cars" (when they're actually some of the cheapest). When he saw me walk out and hop into my car, he was like "I was only joking you know".

I had a car salesman due something like that to me. I asked if he had a Z28 with "X" equipment.
      He never looked at me. I asked for his card. He just handed one out that I had to reach for. I bought one at another dealership, went back, asked for the sales manager, handed him the guys card & told him this could have been your sale if this guy would't have been lazy & judgmental. I left in a cloud of smoke.

@THE_Godfather lol, that showed them 😂 I hate people who do that, like whatever happened go costumer service.

Most Helpful Guy

• Other than the one summer I was morbidly obese on vacation and felt like it impacted the way people treated me, no, not really.

Must be the half-white priviledge.

The treatment motivated me to improve. It didn't put me in a state of learned helplessness or anything, it was just a reality check.

What Girls Said 2

• Everywhere when buying something the poor people like me are treated worse because we can't buy jack shit. Also people who are even part Latino like myself are thought of as stupid.

• When we got a student teacher in our lab. Hated that guy. Total asshat towards the girls

What Guys Said 3

• No not subtle blatant. I was a victim of affirmative action

Do elaborate if you please.

I was applying for a civil service job that I was extremely qualified for but the job went to a black woman with only scant experience compared to me

• *rubs chin*
    I don't recall ever being discriminated , people are generally pretty nice.

• anyone smart enough to notice is is smart enough to avoid it. unlikely to be remembered from that young of an age.