Why do some people assume you're racist if you're not attracted to black women?

Black girls just aren't my type and I'm not attracted to them at all so I've said it multiple times on here since I'm honest and never sugar-coat things. Anyway, some people have gotten upset and said I'm racist for not being attracted to black girls but it makes no sense to me. I've only said that I am not attracted to black women, not that they're ugly or anything, and you can't control who you're attracted to so how can that be considered racist?

2124

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's fine.. it's not fair that people make a big deal of every word that comes out of a white guy.. maybe it would be same for brown guys too but I've seen this happening with mostly whites.. (especially guys) I've seen many many black girls that they're not attracted to white guys at all.. but no one says anything.. πŸ˜•

• True. If a white man says almost anything having to do with a black person, they are accused of being racist these days.
      This fact and being accused like that for so long with no legitimate reason, has in fact started making me racist myself.

It usually goes like this:
      I don't date White people. (response) That's okay.
      I don't date Hispanics. (response) That's okay.
      I don't date Asians. (response) That's okay.
      I don't date blacks. (response) You are racist!
      WTF? Yes, years of those kinds of responses have started making me racist.

• @AynonOMouse 😳 What the fuck...

• Thanks for mho😊

Most Helpful Guy

• The word, "racist" was hardly ever seen in the media and Internet until Obama ran for president the first time. He continues to use that term to widen the division in Americans and to also win the votes of black people.

One more reason why I do not like Obama and what his agenda has done to our once-great country.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 20

• I'm of mixed ethnic background and I don't attract 'black men' anyway. I attract the opposite 90% of the time and Asian males as well. If its not your preference for any reason, than your entitled to your choices. But it's not racist at all. Now if your only reason is something petty like: White girls have better sex, crap. Then yeah, that is a problem. I don't put the importance of skin color or looks. Their personality and character is important. But many so-called 'black people' in general show more ignorance on the outside, and at is a turn off in general. And I'm not saying this to down grade anybody of ethnic background. I'm just saying this by experience and I grew up in what you call 'da hood'. But ignorance is found in any and everybody of point in time wither your supposedly 'white' or 'black' or whatever you associate yourself with. Race is not skin, race is wither or not your a Human or of a different species. So it really doesn't matter to me. But I still don't attract them. I don't act like them either. Preference is also based on genetics too. So who are other people to decide what type of people should you date or be attracted to? I'm literally 'half the world' I like to say, so I can understand how I attract more caucasian and Asian ethnicities unless the person is more mixed then the other.

• It's racist and discriminatory to immediately categorize a ton of strangers that you have never met or even seen as unattractive. Not a very complicated thing to understand.

• Not racist at all that is absolutely ridiculous.

• You obviously either didn't read my description or don't understand it so I'll try to explain it to you simply. I have not said that black women are unattractive. I said that I am not attracted to them. That just means black women's physical attributes do not line up with my preferences. Having preferences is not racist, unless you look down on or hate people who don't fit within them and I've never done that

• If that's the case, then I may have misunderstood exactly what you were saying. I still stand firm by my original opinion overall and as far as it comes to you personally, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some level of racism motivated by the way you think. As I stated, "preferences" tend to be motivated by racism and often times sexual racism.

• I don't think you are racist, everyone has their taste. Some will say you are superficial if you consider looks that much, but not me. Looks are important, you shouldn't be w someone you don't find physically attractive. The general idea doesn't appeal to you and that is fine but have in mind that there are all sorts ways people out there look, maybe you would find some black woman attracitve. I prefer guys w brown hair and that is fine but I can get attracted to guy w blond hair even thought is not my preference. Most likely you wouldn't date black women and that is fine but don't deny that option completely, that is all.

• Because people like to make people feel bad when the preference isn't toward them.

• Because if you think or feel a certain way about someone because of their race it's racism.

• By that logic I'm sexist because I don't find men attractive.

• If we go by the dictionary definition of discrimination it is the unjust treatment of people that fall into a certain category.
      If you consider me not dating someone I don't find attractive as unjust treatment then I'd like to know when was the last time you rejected a guy.

Perhaps he wanted just sex from you. If you turned him down you were discriminating. You should treat all men equally by your logic. That includes sleeping with every guy that wants to sleep with you.

• @QuestionMan The last time I turned a guy down was when he wanted to marry me after one date. Some being in love with the idea of you instead of being in love with the actual you is really uncomfortable and make a real relationship impossible.

LOL bro keep trying. I'm sure you can do better XD

• because everyone loves to pull the race card. It makes it easier on themselves so they dont have to deal with the fact that you dont like them for something they dont have the ability to change.

• It's not racist! Lol that's completely okay. Some people are attractive to other races and some aren't, no biggie.

• People say the same thing to me. If you aren't attracted to someone... you aren't. You shouldn't be bullied into dating someone. These hoes on here that say your racist... they are just angry because you aren't attracted to them.

• It's funny if a woman says she's not interested in white men and even makes derogatory comments about white men, nobody on here says anything.

• I agree, I was just pointing out the hypocrisy that I see on display.

• @ForeverAloneBrah There is hypocrisy all over this site

• That's fine. You're just not normally attracted to them. It'd only be considered racist if you said all of them were ugly, etc. But you didn't.

Just ignore it.

• Because some people are stupid. Everyone has a preference, it doesn't make you racist for it.

AHEM I MEAN WHITE PEOPLE ARE LE DEVIL AND THEY ARE ALL EVIL, EVERYTHING THEY DO IS RACIST EVEN WHEN THEY'RE SLEEPING IT'S RACIST >.>

• It doesn't matter to be quite honest. Date whoever you like, the only time it pisses me off is when people use derogatory insults towards us. It's discouraging but I'm used to it and I'm over it.

• It is racist because you're discarding the entire race. Doesn't matter if she's beautiful, you won't even look at her because she's black. The black skin turns you off. You feel disgust or displeasure when you see black skin (aka turn off). Sounds racist to me

• So he should date someone he doesn't want to? Just to prove he's not racist?

• Nature and nurture, everyone has a favorite color so some people prefer different skin.

• That doesn't make any sense. Not being attracted to someone is not the same as finding them disgusting or hating them. By your logic I'm sexist because I'm not attracted to men

• All I can say is πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘!!
    I don't know for someone reason I think only a black man can truly satisfy me lol
    I heard they have the biggest...
    XD
    I been disappointed by Mexican guys
    White was ok but now it's time to try black
    Guys...

Lol

• Because black women come in a variety of skin tones, facial features, body type, personality, etc. So, by saying you don't like black women, despite all the different black women there are, comes off as you putting black women in a stereotypical box and writing them off not because you don't like them. But simply because they're... Black. To put it bluntly.

• lol who cares

• That's ok I'm not attracted to Asian men. We all have preferences.

• its not racist

• Because people get angry about things they don't want to hear

• It's just natural to non whites

• Because non racist people just go about their day and don't keep squeaking about it.

What Guys Said 23

• Not Racist: "I don't find black women attractive"
    Racist: "I HATE BLACK PEOPLE, they're all criminal drug addicts!!!"

• I think there's a fine line between types/preferences and actual racism. However, they can be very close that creates perhaps a bit of overlap and issues.

I think we can all agree that races look different from each other. It's quite clear that darker skin is different than lighter skin. Likewise, certain physical characteristics are more prevalent in certain races, which contributes to the overlying fact that people look different. It's a fact of life: people look different. A white man will look different than a white man. A white man will look different than a black man vs a hispanic vs an Asian etc. etc.

From that, one may have an inclination towards certain looks in the same way that one may prefer blonde colored hair over brunette hair. It's an attraction to the way of the look and it just so happens that the color of skin is the item that one is not attracted to. Some people have no preference when it comes to skin color, just as in the same way one may not have a preference to types of hair. That's alright too.

However, the important distinction before preferences and racism is the motive behind the lack of attraction to the race. It matters whether it is the race or the physical characteristics of the race? Rather, is the "turnoff" the fact that she looks different or the fact that she is labeled differently from what you like? It's whether or not you are also open to actually being attracted to a black person hypothetically-- you may not ever be attracted, but it's being open to the possibility. (Naturally, if you actually don't like a person on a personal level from her race, chances are that's just plain racism.)

It's a very subtle difference, which probably is the reason why many angry bouts of the word "racist" get thrown around. People also tend to not like it when someone mentions something along the lines of "preferring one skin color over another." It can sound pretty bad out of context.

• I'm sorry, but if you say you aren't attracted to ANY black women, you are a racist, by definition. You can't argue about it or claim you're not...

so you're not a racist if you shoot someone black, just because you 'can't control' yourself? That won't work even on the Trumo campaign

• You clearly don't understand what racism is so here's the Merriam-Webster definition of it
      Racism
      : poor treatment of or violence against people because of their race
      : the belief that some races of people are better than others.
      Not being attracted to someone doesn't mean I think I'm superior to them and I never hate or treat anyone differently due to their race so you're an idiot if you believe it makes me a racist.

• When you say you aren't attracted to ANY black woman, that's 'poor treatment' of black women, guess what! Implying they are unworthy or inferior.

AFter all, some of them are wonderful, even if I also GENERALLy prefer Latinas or Asians. It's when you say NO black woman that it's absolutely racism.

Sure, it's not as bad as violence, but I can't see any other word for it than racism

• Have you ever tried analyzing the reason you aren't attracted to any black women? I'm serious have you actually really dug deep within yourself? You'd be surprised how much society determines our beauty standards.

When I was your age I had less inclusive beauty standards too. It made me start to question myself. Why do I find the things beautiful that I do while totally disregarding other forms of beauty? There's nothing objectively more beautiful about any particular skin color or ethnic background. I realized it comes down to how we were socially engineered when it comes to beauty. I decided to travel more and spend time around different people and cultures. Over time I realized I had a superiority complex. My mind opened up a lot more and I'm a way more accepting person than I used to be. Instead of judging everyone from one heavily eurocentric beauty standard, I have many different beauty standards. I debrainwashed myself. Instead of having a group mentality towards everyone who wasn't white I started to see people as individuals. It's amazing the things we do subconsciously and how much we can write an entire group of people off without getting to know them.

I'm thankful for my inquisitive personality and my empathy. Without it, I don't think I would've done all that. I feel like more of a complete person and far more inclusive towards everyone around me. I'm a work in progress like everyone else though.

I expect down votes from people who think they can't change what they're attracted to. You'd be surprised how much we can change if we put our minds to it.

• After reading this post, I just wanna ask... How would you feel if you walked into your wife having sexual intercourse with a big strong black man? πŸ˜‚

• @BlazeRider_ cheating is cheating bro.

• i understand what you're going through. I have to deal with the same sort of thing. People just like throwing the word around for everything, which is unfortunate. Whats funny is if you tried to shame them for any of their own dating preferences, they would be infuriated

• I know. I don't understand how people can be so hypocritical and not even acknowledge that they're doing it

• I don't think it's racist. I wouldn't be offended if a black girl said she's not attracted to white guys. Some people are just sensitive, and pulls out race card whenever their feelings are hurt.

• they are simple minded

• Black girls aren't attractive to me either.

I don't care if they call me 'racist' in return, I'm not having a romantic relationship with black girls.

• "why"? Maybe they want to shame you into reconsidering your preferences.

• If someone personally feels shame then it's usually because they're guilty on some level.

• If you found a black woman that u were attracted to physically,

and have common interests/personality traits with,

would you date her?

• I've said the same and got the same response.
    Like who you want to like.
    They just call you a racist because they're insecure.

• I will be honest. I do not find black women attractive at all. That is my personal preference. Is it racist? I think its not , iam not attracted to fat women and i prefer slim girls , its just preference.

• I may be attracted to them but I wouldn't date them.

• Its not racism Its like having a thing for blondes or brunettes.

• Anything and everything is racist nowadays.

Also I don't know why people feel the need to air their dating preferences. If you don't like black women, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but why air it? I don't like fat women, but I keep such an opinion to myself.

• I don't think it's racist. The ironic thing is that usually the same people who assume you are "racist" for not being attracted to black women don't say a word when black women say they're not attracted to white men. The hypocrisy is hilarious.

• im guessing they call you a racist out of their own insecurities.

• @coralsun this internet is free for everyone, if you are suggesting that i get off your opinion. the answer is no, I've been following this argument and laughing my ass off at you since the beginning.
      https://i.imgur.com/WRZidbT.png
      if you seriously think this is not an ad hominem attack then you have some serious issues. Do I have to continue explaining very basic concepts like ad hominem attacks with you or am i giving you too much homework then? is that too much of an essay to read in your precious leisure time?

• Just don't say anything, there's no reason to make them feel bad

• That's stupid. There's no reason to ask a question if you don't want honest responses so I'm not going to keep my mouth shut or just tell them what they want to hear

• It's not racist my friend

• Because they don't understand physical attraction is based on physical observable traits...

• preconcieved notions and expect us to follow certain norms

• I dont like their culture 9 times outta 10 for American.

• no its not , im not attracted to Asian girls and that is just preference.

• Oh dear fkn lord, whenever I tell people I like black girls I get called racist tooπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ every thing is racist these days