When is the last time you felt total contentment in at least one aspect of your life?

I'm currently content as hell because I got my friends with benefits situation figured out. Not sure if it was the answer or just knowing instead of not knowing that's making me so happy but regardless.

Also happy because I've been 50% more independent lately.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sitting outdoors with my girlfriend at the Aruna Cafe in Istanbul, eating pizza and smoking shisha. She was wrapped up in a blanket, pressed against me, resting her head on my shoulder and playing with my fingers. The lights on the bridge spanning the Bosporus cycled their colors, the ferry to the Asian side announced its final boarding call, fishermen quietly cast their lines, but the world was just her and I. We were at total peace.

The country erupted in violence hours after my flight left. I learned of it when I landed in Chicago, talked to her during my layover as she was holed up in an apartment in Ankara, where she was close enough to hear the bombing at Parliament. Broke up with me a week later. Facing a lot of difficulty over there and I'm almost powerless to intervene.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I have recently in my job cause I'm kicking some serious ass lately and makes me feel good/valuable. 😉

What Guys Said 38

• 1|0
  • almost everyday i feel contentment with my life

• Probably somewhere between the ages of 0-14.

There's always something that can be "better," and for as long as that's the case, idc, I just can't feel content.

• Each time I see our granddaughter :)

• It makes me happy to know you're so happy :D
    I can remember 2 recent moments when I felt happy:
    - when a good friend told me with the widest smile I've ever seen, she was pregnant (this was her dream).
    - when after 8 year of working in a restructuring company I finally received some certainty about a year ago. That feeling of relief was large to say the least!

• Congratulations. T

• I don't think I have ever had such a thing. I guess I'm content that I have a loving family but that doesn't nullify my other concerns.

• 3 years ago.

• Pretty much everyday! Sure there might be some things that bring me down on occasion, but I usually bounce back. Life is to short to be down for long.

• Content is the little brother of misery to me, because it implies stagnation.

• In the last 3 months when I realised I no longer have social anxiety and am hardly ever depressed anymore. That I'm now an awesome person who is confident and can have my own fun, but who is also desirable to others.

That's great !! I have social anxiety but I feel like mine is finally leaving me too ( at the age of 23 ) 😊

@Ariesealey Nice! I'm really glad for you it's a really liberating feeling to know you are getting through it and can live a vibrant, happy life :)

• Fall 1990.

• This afternoon. Fixed my pc well and had a meal with my mum. It remind me of that is what I wanted to do.

• After years of training, I can finally hit an atg squat.
    Front Squats were the key.
    If you don't front squat begin now.
    I almost teared up when I got it 😂.

• I've been pretty content for like the past 10 years lol.

• whenever i see myself naked

• Today... despite my being single today I just walked into the coffee shop... smelt that blend and just felt happy and content that I've done all the things I wanted to in my life so far... or it could be the coffee... hmm... :v

• Every day. I'm content with almost EVERY aspect of my life, and downright happy about most.

• I have felt that way ever since i got married.. Honestly.

• I am always content

• Can't remember, too long ago

• My money situation is straight. My love life could be better. How can I have it all?

• I've been content with my life for years, in every aspect.

• Not long, my summer job is pretty great for ignoring reality (ie problems)

• I've been content in terms of material possesions for years now.

• Right now I worry about the things I can control and fun the rest lol...

• I'm not simply content, I'm awesome.

• Before I started Jail (High School).

• I am a perfectionist, so...

• After clearing some challenging examinations on Taxation and Cost accounting.

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 21

• Honestly... never.

• nope not really. I fake it.

• Shit... Uh, the last time I can really think of, is when I was 11. 6th grade was going well. After that, everything went down hill, I haven't really felt content with anything since.

• when i was 3 years old and very hungry on a late summer afternoon, and my mom handed me a ice cold juice pouch and a peanut butter and chocolate sandwich. Great sandwich.

• Total contentment? Huh, maybe earlier this year.

• Some what with my relationship though what would make it better is the day I can get on a plane and be with him physically.

• I only ever feel content for brief moments... If I'm having a good day or things are going well

• What happened? Did you talk to him or did he just label it? How'd it get figured out?

I kind of talked to him. We didn't outright label it.

I told him that as long as we're hooking up and doing whatever we're doing, I'd prefer he tell me if he sleeps with someone else because then we're either

A) going to start using a condom
      B) going to stop having sex

And he said it's totally fine, that if he did end up doing something with someone he would use a condom next time. And that he doubts he'll fuck anyone else.

Im happy for you knowing your situation but would strongly suggest using condoms anyway. 💟

• how did that end up working out? was he okay with taking the next step?

i'd say im pretty content right now. things have been going well-know what career ill be doing, i like the guy im dating, family is good hah what more can you ask for?

Oh, well further up I told him

"If you do something with someone else then we're going to start using condoms or stop fucking in general."

So it makes sense why he said it lol

ohh so you brought up the sex with other people thing then. well im glad it went well :)

• I loved 1st grade, so back when I was in grade 1 I guess. I loved school, everyday was a day full of joy.

• Good question. Maybe being content isn't enough for me because I'm restless and always want to aim higher.

• how did it turn out with your FWB? i am glad you got it figured out!

• I still have ten days left of vacation and I'm enjoying the stress-free life. That's enough for me at the moment.

• Now, because im almost finished writing my novel

• 2.5 years ago

• I don't know. It seems like never

• I feel like i have a cold right now so there's no contentment, just stuffy nose.

• Never lol

• As a kid. I haven't felt true content ever since :(

• I'm pretty content now. I'm happy:)

• When I passed my exams