Should once a week therapy be required for everyone?

Do you think everyone could benefit if it was required that they have a therapy session once a week?

Most Helpful Guy

• You bet. If paid by national health insurance, there would be less suicides no murders and society would benefit, overall.

I know I would be better off with weekly therapy!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that's a little much and not necessary (not to mention COSTLY).

However, I do believe that a mental health assessment should be a standard part of annual physical exams, which aren't mandated by law but highly encouraged by the medical community. I know most doctors won't prescribe or renew birth control without a physical. Not sure what the stimulus could be for men.

I do not believe it is the government's place to mandate anything like that, but making mental health more accessible is important, and encouraging people to submit to an annual screening, much like most of us do to physicals, would be highly beneficial.

All students should be given a routine mental he lath screening once a year.

@Whocares69

I live here, and no it's not...

Provincial health care programs cover getting some mental health screening by a general practitioner or psychiatrist, and if you're committed to a psychiatric facility therapy is generally covered, but that's about it. Regular talk therapy is an out of pocket expense.

It's free cause I've been there, if you haven't how come you're trying to argue? Ignorance comes to mind. I'm in alberta maybe that's what makes a difference

What Guys Said 13

• Do you really want your government to have the power to compel you to attend therapy?

Government aside, most people are kinda screwed up. I don't think having someone to talk to would be a bad thing.

There is a difference between

1. it is a nice thing to do if you choose to do so on a voluntary basis, and

2. you must go because the government requires it.

Many Orwellian fantasies include mandatory "therapy" which becomes mandatory indoctrination. If anyone laughs at that idea and think it is preposterous, they should pay attention to history. Drastic changes in a society do not happen abruptly but by slow and subtle changes which eventually have a profound effect. Hitler did not begin his reign with mandatory book burning and extermination of Jews but that is what he gradually accomplished.

• yeah, there's these weirdos that are fragile in the mind and a triggered if you fart because they think its fart rape or some other weird shit. 9 chances out of 10 its gonna be a social construct too. but i dont think it should be obligated by the law or something. thats enforcement and i am against that.

• Nope! Waste of time and money.

We have GAG!!

• I'm not sure who would be willing to therapize so many people.

• This was my therapist when i was young

img.youtube.com/vi/nEQs-urpVu4/hqdefault.jpg

• Well, therapists, as a career, would certainly benefit

• if it was free it would be very beneficial

• I think this isn't a bad idea. My big issue with it is that there are some truly awful therapists.

• Absolutely not.

• Not mandatory, optional maybe. But I just talk to myself most of the time lol

• I have my daily therapy: 20 minutes of meditation

• I went to therapy once it was not bad I might go again, seeing that it is free and they have to listen to whatever you feel like saying to them

• No, not really

What Girls Said 6

• A once in a week therapy is good for everyone, I agree, but it shouldn't be required. It's expensive, not everyone can afford it, therefore it should be optional. If you can afford it then it's great to go once a week. If you can't afford but** in a special case really need it, then you must put the effort to invest in therapy (you may say it's required here).

• No. It defeats the point then.

• No that would violate people's Constitutional rights!

• That'd actually be a good idea... Though some people would refuse to go. Maybe people would be less screwed up

• Pay money to talk, hell no.

• Yes I think they would benefit.