Girls, do you expect your boyfriend to financially support you in some way?

As in expensive gifts, living expenses, transportation, etc.

• Yes
    15% (4)
  • No
    69% (18)
  • I don't know
    4% (1)
  • Other
    8% (2)
  • See results
    4% (1)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

9

Most Helpful Girl

• If we live together he should pay the majority of the bills. Typically he expects me to do the majority of the housework so it's only equal that he pays more in bills to account for that. it wouldn't be fair if i'm doing all the housework AND splitting rent down the middle.

What Girls Said 8

• I wouldn't call it 'financially support', but I'm sure that there are many times in a couple's life where things aren't split right in half.

Even if the two are equals in everything, in the sense that they're around the same age, have the same degree, years of experience, etc., chances are the lady will be earning less.

Physically, the bodies and strengths are different, so whatever contribution or amount of effort they put in into somethint cannot be easily measured. Many females have pains and hormonal fluctuations that males will never completely understand. Does this have anything to do with money? Yes, women are more likely to have to miss work and I haven't even mentioned babies and pregnancy yet.

I could go on and on. I used to advocate everything must be split 50% when I was younger, but now I know better. I don't care about expensive gifts, but considering most men LIKE to take care (driving, restaurants, etc.=money) of a lady they actually like, I would be more suspicious of a man who doesn't want to do any of those things for hus partner and asks her for gas money when he can well afford it.
    So yes, under your parameters of financial support, I do expect it, yes.

• No. I don't feel comfortable about that. I come from a poor background, so I had to work very hard from a young age to help out my mom and to also save for my future. I feel uncomfortable to the point that I argue with people if they try and pay for me. I've never had a boyfriend, but sometimes if I go out with friends they'll want to pay for everyone. I refuse to let them pay for me. Last summer I went to my uncles for a couple of weeks in Alberta (I'm in Ontario) and he tried to pay for me, but I refused to let him. I even tried to give him money for letting me stay there, but he said no. He let me pay for his meals if we went out, but he wouldn't take money for me to stay there. I don't like for people to pay for me when I can do it myself. I'd be very uncomfortable with some guy supporting me, especially since I make good money myself. I've never been on a date, but if I do, I don't want him paying for me.

• Yes. If we live in the same house? Yes. 50/50. As a single mom I work hard to support my kids, house and all expenses. He can't cometo live in my house thinking he will not at least help me with a few expenses. As long as he stay in, he have to help. My kids expenses are my responsability not his, so I'll take care of that unless he wants to help me, is not an obligation.

I expect him to know what he getting into before moving in. Is not about him and I only, is about my kids #1, then us. He can't live for free or expect me to pay for his stuff too lol, not a chance 😄

• It depends. If we don't live together, I don't expect him to pay for anything. I can do it myself.
    But, if we live together, I would expect him to pay some of the bills, we could split them.

• I don't mind gifts, but I wouldn't want to be financially dependent on him.

• Neither expect nor desire.

• Not unless we marry, then whatever that's mine is his and vice versa.

• If you both live together, the bills should be split equally.