How to stop hating yourself?

I've had a past of sexual, verbal, and physical abuse and I dont know how to get past it. I'm almost an adult and I should know how to handle it, but recently I've been sucked back into a depression and storm of self hatred because something someone said and I dont know how to get out of it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Take the help of a good therapist , perhaps?

You also need to make yourself more confident and secure

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, if you are still in high school you should talk to your school's wellness councilor. They'll be able to help you. But if you really don't want to, my experiences with it is to have the mindset of "No one knows you better than you, so if people are beating you up with words and actions, forget their thoughts and them. Everyone is beautiful, smart, and talented in their own way and if they can't see that, that's too bad for them."

Thank you

mhm no problem. Good luck on your journey to happiness! It's a tough one, but it's definitely worth it. (sorry that sounded like a hippie, but honestly happiness and self worth is what you're aiming for here)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0