Windows 7 and 8 users, did you opt out of the free Windows 10 upgrade?

If so, why? I opted all of my Windows 7 machines out after many complaints from my clients whose computers had compatibly issues after the forced upgrades. What did you do?

• I stayed with Windows 7
  • I stayed with Windows 8
  • I upgraded to Windows 10
    Vote C
  • My copy of Windows 7/8 wasn't one of the eligible versions
    Vote D
  • It had Windows 10 on it when I got it
    Vote E
  • I use a different operating system
    Vote F
  • Other (please explain)
    Vote G
Select a gender to cast your vote:

27

Most Helpful Girl

• I tried windows 10 and got the blue screen of death so I refuse to get it again.

Most Helpful Guy

• I upgraded to Windows 10 but I will reformat my computer eventually with a clean and fresh install and see if that helps with any other issues. I originally had Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit on mines.

If you're doing IT work or something, stick with Windows 7 for now.

I see that in my school, all the computers in the labs and network don't have anything beyond Windows 7 probably because it's much more stable right now to manage compared to managing a network of Windows 8 and Windows 10 computers.

Otherwise, have you tried clean re-installs of Windows 10 on any of your client machines after upgrading and see if that helps or make much of a difference?

• They don't want to pay for that. It was easier just to have them roll back to Windows 7. Plus, it's what they are used to. Changing GUIs in a company with dozens of computers tends to piss off the entire staff.

• "Are you saying your clients machines were all on 7 Pro and 7 Home Premium and not 7 Enterprise?"

That is correct. It's also my understanding that M$ really wants to get people off everything not named Windows 10 so they can move to a single platform to support across all device types. I can understand that, but the forced feed of the update in such a deceptive way might be the straw that has me seriously considering early retirement from IT.

• Thanks for the MHO man!

One thing that always bugged me with downloading the official ISOs for Windows 10, as they never contain both Architectures (32-bit and 64-bit), I even went here to try and download it:

www.microsoft.com/.../

and all I was getting was separate architecture versions of the OS, either x86 or x64.

What Girls Said 1

• Upgraded to windows 10.

What Guys Said 6

• I upgraded to Win10 on my laptop. Home edition. Changed so many settings to try and prevent spying and ads etc. Runs like a dream. So issues whatsoever. Laptop is a Fujitsu.

• I upgraded from 7 to 10. 10 is basically all the good things from 8 plus a lot of the good things from 7. It occasionally feels a little clunky, but for the most part I'm happy with it. By the time it's as old as 7, I'm sure it'll be just as well tuned.

• I actually upgraded to Windows 10 last year when it first became available. I'm actually waiting for the Anniversary Update but I heard MS is rolling it out in stages.

• I kept my distance for as long as I could, but eventually I had to buy a new laptop and face Windows 10. I think it's a bit shit, but that's just me.

• I upgraded to Windows 10

• Still using fuckin Win7.