Windows 7 and 8 users, did you opt out of the free Windows 10 upgrade?

If so, why? I opted all of my Windows 7 machines out after many complaints from my clients whose computers had compatibly issues after the forced upgrades. What did you do?

• I stayed with Windows 7
  • I stayed with Windows 8
  • I upgraded to Windows 10
  • My copy of Windows 7/8 wasn't one of the eligible versions
  • It had Windows 10 on it when I got it
  • I use a different operating system
  • Other (please explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• I tried windows 10 and got the blue screen of death so I refuse to get it again.

Most Helpful Guy

• I upgraded to Windows 10 but I will reformat my computer eventually with a clean and fresh install and see if that helps with any other issues. I originally had Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit on mines.

If you're doing IT work or something, stick with Windows 7 for now.

I see that in my school, all the computers in the labs and network don't have anything beyond Windows 7 probably because it's much more stable right now to manage compared to managing a network of Windows 8 and Windows 10 computers.

Otherwise, have you tried clean re-installs of Windows 10 on any of your client machines after upgrading and see if that helps or make much of a difference?

They don't want to pay for that. It was easier just to have them roll back to Windows 7. Plus, it's what they are used to. Changing GUIs in a company with dozens of computers tends to piss off the entire staff.

"Are you saying your clients machines were all on 7 Pro and 7 Home Premium and not 7 Enterprise?"

That is correct. It's also my understanding that M$ really wants to get people off everything not named Windows 10 so they can move to a single platform to support across all device types. I can understand that, but the forced feed of the update in such a deceptive way might be the straw that has me seriously considering early retirement from IT.

Thanks for the MHO man!

One thing that always bugged me with downloading the official ISOs for Windows 10, as they never contain both Architectures (32-bit and 64-bit), I even went here to try and download it:

www.microsoft.com/.../

and all I was getting was separate architecture versions of the OS, either x86 or x64.

What Girls Said 1

• Upgraded to windows 10.

What Guys Said 6

• I upgraded to Win10 on my laptop. Home edition. Changed so many settings to try and prevent spying and ads etc. Runs like a dream. So issues whatsoever. Laptop is a Fujitsu.

• I actually upgraded to Windows 10 last year when it first became available. I'm actually waiting for the Anniversary Update but I heard MS is rolling it out in stages.

• I upgraded from 7 to 10. 10 is basically all the good things from 8 plus a lot of the good things from 7. It occasionally feels a little clunky, but for the most part I'm happy with it. By the time it's as old as 7, I'm sure it'll be just as well tuned.

• I kept my distance for as long as I could, but eventually I had to buy a new laptop and face Windows 10. I think it's a bit shit, but that's just me.

• Still using fuckin Win7.

• I upgraded to Windows 10