How did Alexander the Great take over the known world?

There were millions of people in the world. It's not like he was the best fighter. Any one could have killed him in his sleep at any time. Anyone could have challenged his authority and possibly beat him in a sword fight at any time. So how did he maintain power?

0|0
2|9

Most Helpful Girl

• His army won those battles due to superior military tactics and he maintained control because he didn't force Greek culture on the people he conquered; he introduced it. The reason people supported him was because he was a megalomaniac, he thought he was a demigod lmao

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Why didn't any member of the Greek population kill him and take his position?

• 3mo

His cause of death isn't agreed on, he died at 32 and there's a chance that he was poisoned.

Most Helpful Guy

• There werent millions of people around during King of Macedon's era, world was about at least 250-300 million around 1200-1300s. As far as I know they Poisoned Alexander The Great and how He died.

According to some historians he was very good swordsman, and he had duels against some other Kings during battles and he didn't lose any of them. Most of ancient people were believing that, He is a "Prophet" cause of his succeses in a short time.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Because he promised his people more resources and him conquering lands to grow the empire. His people loved him the lands he invaded, the people he raped he feared. Plus he believed the way to conquer lands was through raping women. Your blood is in a foerign land.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• I believe he engaged hid horse in unnatural relations, and frequently hugged his generals while refusing to say "no homo". I'm pretty sure he invented the handgun as well.

0|0
    0|1
  • How does any leader maintain power?

0|1
    0|0
    • 3mo

I could have just asked that. Good question. How?

• They did kill him in his sleep. He was a great General but a power ruler. His men loved him however and only an insider would have been able to kill him. He actually was probably pretty badass with a sword

0|0
    0|0
  • Phalanxes. Lots and lots of Phalanxes.
    Also Companion Cavalry, but shhh.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Why didn't a fellow Greek murder him and take his title?

• Show All
    • 3mo

Which further supports my question of why didn't someone murder him to take all his power?

• 3mo

Isn't it unknown whether or not he died from illness or poisoning or something?

• Read a book Called Wicked History. They cost cheap on Amazon and are pretty cool short reads. About 120 pages or so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Propaganda

0|0
    0|1
  • Respect. Love. Fear. People followed his cause, because he was bigger than life. People loved him because he brought Greece victory. People feared him because they knew what would happen if they tried anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • Like every great leader maintains power. By inspiring power to the people.

0|0
    0|0