Is it ok to push someone that cut you in the line?

Out of nowhere this jerk cuts me in line and tries barging in. I pushed him (just to get him out where he didn't belong) and others also found what he did very rude.

He had the nerve to argue that I still touched him. Actually, he brushed pass me by cutting in line to where I was at.

• No, you did nothing wrong; that's very rude
  • Yes, maybe he was in a rush and it was still wrong
and it was not a simple mistake, he purposely just cut me in line

Most Helpful Girl

• Someone cut in front of me in line at the DMV recently. Totally rude, and she just looked at me and went ahead. But I don't touch another person, I just shook my head at her. Some people are just impatient and inconsiderate.

What Guys Said 7

• I mean, if he cut you in line, yeah, that's rude. You can just tap him on tell him to move and get the support of the people in front of you. But don't push the damn fool, Jeez.

• You skipped right past the "excuse me, the back of the line is over there" and went straight to the physical assault, because he 'brushed past you'.

• It wasn't even that hard, nothing in comparing to the way to brushed me. When he cut me in line, I still felt it.

• plus sounded like he did it on purpose to be rude

• Whatever, your response was not justified.

• no, he started it, he was in the wrong.

• That's kind of very low class of you. I know he did you wrong, but getting physical doesn't make it right. He's a jerk, but now you're a jerk too. If you left it alone, he would've been the only jerk.

• Yes perfectly acceptable

• just kick him in the balls

What Girls Said 5

• He was rude, but two wrongs don't make a right. You could have calmly told him that he cut in front of you.

• There's really no need to IMMEDIATELY push someone that cut you in line. No matter how rude they seem to be, you could of politely showed him where the end of the line was. If he refuses to move after several minutes, THEN you can push him out.

• I answered yes it was wrong , I don't care if he was in a rush, if there is a line you wait your turn like everyone else. but you handled it wrong by pushing him you could have said You need to get back to the end of the line and wait like everyone else has waited, you shouldn't have touched him, and if others saw his behavior they would have backed you up by telling him to move as well.

• no lol 2 wrongs dont make a right.. you should just confront the issue

• You shoulda cut off his balls!