What do you do to relieve feeling down and upset?

Lame question, but just curious.

I talk to friends, my mum is very close and supportive too. And I go for an extra long run to refresh my mind and outlook on life and negative situations. Sometimes I just can't be rational or logical when I'm upset about certain situations and thoughts.

Most Helpful Girl

• Listen to music
    Horror movie
    Workout

Most Helpful Guy

• i go to the gym and workout. working out in the gym makes me feel very calm and good. or i just talk to my dad or listen any songs

What Girls Said 18

• It's not a lame question at all. :) I do a few different things:

- Talk to my mom or friends.
    - Listen to music.
    - Sing.
    - Watch funny shows or movies.
    - Sleep.

• Draw every time, go to the gym, plan a vacation and not go ( temp bliss) and sometimes I talk to my friend or cousin about stuff.
    by the way it's not a lame question.

• Talk to my parents. Or pray, draw, meditate and if I'm really sad I cry.

• I'll do something like drink tea and Focus on the taste, smell, and feel of the mug. Try reading a book that won't make me feel like I'm going nowhere with my life... I go to my "happy place" which is actually just imagining I'm with a certain person. I paint or listen to music while colouring ( hehe don't judge) or watch a comedy special

• I like to write! And I also like to listen to meditation music.

• hide in my room and listen to music.

• Play the guitar and sing in my room, talk to my mom or sister, go to the gym, and take bandit to the park.

• Usually listen to music or go to bed so I can wake up feeling better.

• I exercise, talk to someone, have some personal reflection time or focus on a hobby.

• Going for a run really helps me.

• Welcome to my world

• I usually watch something funny on tv :)

• I hate you

Lol I'm joking just in a bad mood today.

Crying. Helps

• I write in my journal. Sleep, sometimes. Take a shower and kind of metaphorically wash off whatever's making me upset.

• I smoke, listen to music, maybe go for a walk or write.

• talk it out with myself... do that in private or you look craycray. Say what you need to say outloud... like full convos with people and just vent and see how you feel after. Right letters. Anything strenuous helps if you feel anger or loss of control... running, yard work, sit ups, pull ups... goodluck!

• I hug my mom, listen to music, take a hot long shower & i cry. I feel better when i'm done crying I don't know why

• Surfing/swimming and running tend to help me

What Guys Said 10

• 1) Definitely going for a run/jog always helps me too. That's probably the thing that works for me best, in making me feel better about whatever was stressing me out or depressing me.

2) Driving. Just taking my car and going for a drive somewhere by myself, like a store or library -- so that I'm not technically driving aimlessly. xD Especially if it's a store/library/neighborhood I've never visited before, there's kind of a small adventure aspect to it -- along with the driving in itself -- that just feels like I'm getting away from it all for a bit. Even though I don't actually forget my problems during that time, it somehow always feels less painful and more manageable when I'm driving or visiting some new place.

3) Watching a movie. Even Jerry Bruckheimer -- and I think Steven Spielberg also -- said that it's the filmmaker's job to make you forget about your problems for at least 2 hours. xD

4) Playing a computer game with a story, for the same reasons as #3. However, I don't have much time to play games as I used to. :(

5) Spending time with family; however, this doesn't always work, and sometimes family stresses me out more lol. You know how family can be sometimes.

• Pussy usually does the trick. Not just being a douche here either. I could be having a terrible and stressed day.. meet up.. straight to the sheets. dar dere pinning against the wall. dat dere slapping the shit out of her.. dat dere taking all your frustrations out on her cute little fucking body. Hnnng. Feel like a new man. I would say gym but I need to be focused in the gym and I rather go in with a clear mind. Surfing for a good couple hours in the evening usually alleviates all my anxiety as well.

• Work-out, music, read, vent, meditate and having a deep conversation with somebody else and just learning about them and their life can distract me from my own and make me feel better about it.

• Out of the things you listed, I only go for a run. Other than that, I just ignore the feeling until it goes away or gets buried deep down.

• I take an SSRI called Avanza and also Valium.
    It makes me numb inside most of the time, which is slightly different to feeling dead inside, which is what happens at other times.

• I'm never down dawg, hmu on kik for my ex suking dildo lmao just talk me u know where to find me lmao

• For real , I just watch fast cars going nuts lol
    The buggati chiron
    The lamborghini centenario
    The names of these cars gives me orgasm 😂

• Go for a nice long walk with my dog. Or text your mom she loves me 😛

• Play video games, listen to music, do stuff with friends

• Crack cocaine just kidding. Exercise, sex, watch tv, meditate, get meds, smoke pot, get drunk, accept your shitty existence, so on