Should I have a custom setting on this when its published to Facebook?

First, don't bash me for being atheist. I just finished an article on what I would do if heaven was real. All my articles are shared to my Facebook. The problem is that I used to go to a private Christian school and I am still friends on Facebook with former classmates. And they are all very strong Christians. I don't want to unfriend them that's harsh. But I really want them to know I am atheist and I certainly don't want them saying behind my back of how I am going to hell because of what I believe in. I think they already have an idea that I am way more liberal than them but they have no idea that I am atheist. Should I have a custom setting or just let them know?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just go with whatever you feel like is best. If they don't accept you for who you are then they aren't your true friends.

True. I don't think she will be shocked. I think she has an idea of how liberal I am because I support gay marriage.

Most Helpful Girl

• You believe in what you believe in, you shouldn't worry what they think of you. And if they're going to bash you and say you're going to hell, does that actually matter? As an atheist, hell isn't something you believe in, so they wouldn't be right.

What Guys Said 3

• Let them know, you should be able to be very open with your beliefs, however you did say your parents did not know?
    as for myself, I personally don't think atheism is cause for damnation. Of course I'm not a christian but I do believe in a goddess

however you did say your parents did not know? nor does you sister know.
      I understand why you have a hard time with this, I've recently realized that in a lot of ways I'm fairly pagan, I consider myself spiritual but not religious but I've got a lot of pagan views and some of my extended family is very christian so I've kept this all on the down-low

• A person who doesn't recognise or fear god in the first place shouldn't fear people's words and silent thoughts. It would be same as not fearing a hideous dragon but being scared of a ladybug, no matter if you believe if either of them is real

• i think you should do both

What Girls Said 1

• Who the fuck cares. They are fucking dumb anyway and probably ugly as fuck too.
    I say fuck em!!!

True. Worst case scenario is that the girl who was my closest friend, thinks I stabbed her in the back because of this.

Ok then she's an idiot who is brainwashed and probably has a horshit brain anyway. All my friends know and can never win debates. Do I care? No , why? Because I have a good stubborn and thick boundary mentality which I built since I was 14. Religion is pure evil and causes mass control. Be happy you live in a 1st world country... You have the opportunity!

Very true. I totally agree about religion. It has caused very little good in this world. And good for you for having the mentality you have. 👍