Is "Gigi Gorgeous" over reacting?

Apparently some YouTube named "Gigi Gorgeous" was detained at the airport in Dubai. They are now complaining and being hateful. Apparently after being detained for 5 hours their boyfriend came for them. They are now posting anti Dubai pictures on Instagram. They clearly didn't do research or read about their laws before going. Do you think the youtuber is overreacting?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, she/he can't expect people to only accept their beliefs and just totally disregard other peoples beliefs. So... don't go to a country that doesn't agree with you if you don't like it...

What Guys Said 11

• No. people are supposed to be free. I hate countries in which civil liberties aren't properly guaranteed and enforced. Enough arbitrary, unfair, government repression already! It may have been legal, it's still not fair nor respectful.

• people we Muslims get our flights canceled and held in the police officers for "being a Muslim " I dint give a fuck about this transgender freak and hate pictures about dubai? It's dubai habibti

@Omar5881 exactly!!! Yeah and some of the Muslims even get detained after the flight is cancelled. Haha right! This transgendered freak is totally overreacting and it's making them look stupid. Yeah! They're posting pictures saying no to Dubai. They're saying how nobody should go there and calling them "transphobic" and stuff.

She herself wanted to go there which means the place is awesome by her acts , haters lol

• I think people like this do things that get them in trouble just so they can rant and rave about how they are oppressed and how badly they are treated so they can further their progressive agenda and stay relevant in the limelight. I wouldn't to Saudi Arabia and walk around with a crucifix on my neck handing out porn.

• 5 Mins of fame. Dubai cares less.

• It's the middle east. While Dubai is progressive in comparison to the area that resides around it. It still is an oppressive place. She should consider herself lucky that's all that happened. You hear stories of women being raped, and THE WOMAN is charged for having sex outside of marriage. Imagine what they would do to a transgender person.

@hoezit2015 more and more I want to move there. They have ideas similar to mine. Sex outside of marriage is bad and if the woman is charged then she is charged. Their country their rules. I now want to go and visit over there haha. He would have been thrown off of a building over there. It's his fault for not reading the rules and laws there. He really is lucky that all that happened was he was detained. As for the women being raped... over in Dubai it's better than most places there and if a women was raped they would be stoned.

I just avoid places like this. In some African countries people are banned from wearing camouflage clothing. People who do are beaten, arrested, or SHOT. This occurs because to wear this type of clothing it is seen as a form of impersonating an officer (because officers there wear camouflage). I don't like their laws, but guess what? I don't go to these places for these reasons. And when I did I made sure I am not wearing or possessing any camouflage or military green clothing. BE SMART. Sometimes people in these places are just looking for an excuse to hurt you.

• Lol , love it when libtards get taste of their medicine and get all butthurt about it.

@wolfie12 Right! If only the USA could grow some balls like Dubai. Too many libtards in the states. I feel like they're dominating us you know? Since there is more of them they will control as many stuff as the want regardless of what we say.

It's not about that, but rather not accepting differences in other cultures. Just like taking in cheap workforce from middle east and then being shocked when no-go zones appear in your country.

This was clearly disrespecting other nations laws, now it can cry all it wants, but this is the way people in Dubai have choosen to live and they have every right to live this way. It can now bash Dubai all it wants , but this was clearly disrespectfull to their culture and their way of life.

@wolfie12 I know but I was speaking overall. Exactly! Also it's their country and their rules. They have a right to say no. It's their country and their rules and laws. He should accept the fact that not everywhere is going to agree or think like they do.

• Welcome to the UAE where LGBT means weird freak that should be detained.

• Hmm, I think you're more bothered by the fact that she's a transgender (judging by you calling her "they" and "he") than you are about her "overreacting"

Nope it's more of the overreacting. I didn't even know he was transgendered until I saw it all over.

• You know she's transgender, right?

Yes I know that he is a transgendered woman.

Why am i arguing with someone younger than me. This is ridic. Im done with you, sorry I commented

Why are you being over sensitive? Why are you being immature compared to someone younger than you? Ask yourself those questions. You're arguing because you're in denial of facts. I think this is amusing that you're pissed off over facts. Ha! No thank you! By all means comment😂😂😂😂😂. Now I know who is a over sensitive cry baby who can't handle facts.

• Anyone who calls themselves 'gorgeous' shows huge personality flaws. Trans.. EWw good one dubai.

• He should of go as a man and not a woman, problem solve

I 100% agree! Also it's clear that he didn't read the laws there. He should be lucky that he was just detained. If they had let him in then he would most likely be thrown off of a building without trial.

True, it's evident he didn't read the laws there, lol

What Girls Said 10

• I know that you don't want to hear a point that contradicts with your viewpoint, but you asked for opinions and you have to realize they won't all agree with what you want to hear.

Personally, I don't think she was over-reacting. I know you think she should have done research on the laws of Dubai, but how many people do you know that research the laws of the country orthe state they visit? You just assume that they are basically the same, and any quirky laws aren't enforced anymore, like the one in Maine that says you can't catch a lobster with your bare hands.

What I DO think was a bit extreme was Dubai's reaction to her entering the country. If a foreigner breaks an unusual law in most countries, the country will usually let them off with a warning, unless they caused bodily harm to a person or and object, or stole something. Dubai should have given her a warning, and then if she broke the laws again (I. e. Entering the country a second time at a later date) to detain her and/or bar her from entering the country.

• As backwards and distasteful as I may find the laws to be, yes, she should have read about it before attempting to go to that country.

Ok, I thought I was the only one who thought this.

Backwards? Its all perspective. It shocks me how people believe certain things like they are facts.

@Fsfwxwzwzw Of course it's all perspective. From their perspective, there's nothing wrong with their views. From mine, they're disgusting. All opinion, there is no fact.

• She has a girlfriend, not a boyfriend, first of all.
    But I agree she shouldn't have gone there if it's so obvious they don't accept transgender people.
    Her passport was all up to date, nothing about her previously being a man in it. Someone knew before she got there and got her detained.
    She made a video about it of you wanna watch it.
    But I would be terrified if i were detained in a foreign country, so I don't think she's over reacting. Anyone would be scared.

@rgb008 I saw the picture and his girlfriend looks like a guy in it. I could even tell that he was a guy and I'm sure some people could as well. Nobody knew before she got there I think. He should have looked up the laws before visting so that's his fault. I personally think he is over reacting and he was lucky he was detained instead of getting stoned, raped, killed, and then thrown out the window. I'm sure I would be uncomfortable but if I know I didn't brake a law and they find out as well then it would be fine.

not really. I just think its ridiculous you think Gigi was over reacting.

@rgb008 I'm good at spotting trannies* also he IS overreacting. He's being way too over the top. It's his fault for not obeying the laws. He should have read and followed the laws. He's acting like someone ripped his dick off and stomped on it. Seriously it's not that serious.

• Apsolutely not she is not overreacting. They denied entry on someone for being who they are. That would hurt anyone and Im sorry she had to go through something like that. It truly breaks my heart to see things like this still go on in the world.

@Oxi112094 I think that he is overreacting. Well he isn't being who he is. He was born a guy and should travel as a guy so he's a hypocrite. I'm not sorry at all and have no pitty. He should have read the laws over there. It's their country and their rules and laws. It made me motivated to go and visit over there or even move there to be honest. He was denied entry for breaking the law. He should be lucky he was just detained instead of being burned or thrown over a building.

What is this about who they are? Am i an alien if I say I'm an alien? I don't get why trannies get to choose what they are

@Fsfwxwzwzw the guy is a guy but is in denial. They are being hypocritical by talking about them being who they are yet they know that they are a guy and was born a guy yet he "feels" like a girl. Me either!!! How come they get special treatments?

• Not necessarily. Being told you can't enter a country simply because you're transgender is terrible, and I can't imagine how I would deal with that. It's not just something you can get over

• Well she generally is over dramatic so this wouldn't surprise me. That said, I don't know the full story but she's an over the top person so I would expect this behavior from her

• The transphobia is strong in this one.

• I feel bad for her, I'm sure that was humiliating

• Why did she get detained? Cuz she is a tranny?

@lovelywiz he got detained for breaking the law there. He should have read about the law before traveling. He should be lucky he was just detained instead of being dropped from the building and a plane fly into the falling body. His response in telling people never to go and ranting is too much. It's their country and their laws and he should follow.

True , in fact he should have gotten treated for gender identity disorder

• Probably thinks it's a transgendered issue.