Why does everyone call me jailbait?

1. I'm not jailbait. I'm almost 16 and age of consent in my country is 14
2. I never asked someone if they're sexually attracted to me which would lead them call me like that

This annoys me

Most Helpful Guy

• Calling you a Jailbait is a joking way of saying you are attractive, but too young.

What Guys Said 35

• Anything below 18 is considered "jailbait" It's mainly a joke, they don't actually mean it as an insult or mean to cause you pain or harm in anyway. Just teasing you about your age compared to their own, some people may even call you that and be younger than you or your age. Don't stress it too much.

• Because you're still quite young. Doesn't matter what the legal ages are, young is young.

• You shouldn't let things get to you so easily, especially online.
    Besides, jailbait in its own way is a way to say they find you attractive but you're too young

• You're real young, and are approached by jerks. Ignore. They're silly. Tell em to leave you alone, whatever they might think. Tell em to f... off. Well, in a more diplomatic manner.

• Don't worry about it. I think you are a well respected member of GAG. In a way, they are giving you their time because you're worth it. If you weren't liked, you'd probably hear nothing.

• They're probably just messing with you, don't take it to heart. They're complimenting you in their own way.

• It means you are too sexually attractive for your age, basically. Which is a compliment more than anything else.

• As some others have said, the age of consent in many places is 18. I've only heard the word used describing a female. If the person using the word understands the slang, it would mean they find you attractive, usually in a physical way and inferring that you're under the age of consent. I can't say I've been around anyone who has used jailbait to another person's face.

In short, the person or people who have called you jailbait probably find you attractive but would be afraid to do anything about it because they're afraid of going to jail.

• Who calls you that?

• You're underage in a few countries and incredibly attractive, and because of that guys tend to feel awkward for finding you such and will tend to stay away...

or you'll get those other guys who don't care at all and approach anyways

• I think it's meant in a joking manner but if the age of consent in your country 14 but I'm making sexual advances towards you from a country or state where the age is higher I'm pretty sure I could still be prosecuted

• I don't know jailbait (kidding) why do they call you that?

• Coz in us u need to be 18 to be of legal age. Some pop *cough women *cough are not so happy about this whole below 18 thing.

• Eh... I'll shut up on this one lol

Yeah SHUT UP!

Go sleep lol
      You are talking bs😂😂

If that's how you wanna call the truth... :p

• It just means you are attractive and look older than your age.

• Because they are jealous that you are more mature than them ROFL llmfao

• I don't want to go to jail.. I'm way too pretty for that environment...

• Likely its because its from people of other countries where age of consent is higher.

• Most probably jealous guys

• Cause your hot and the age of consent is 18 here in the us

• Cuz ur hot and most of GAG are from countries where that isn't legal yet lol 😘

• Did someone say jailbait!!! @fearless_banana

HNNGGG

• Jailbait in their country probably , still eh what did you say that makes them think you're a jailbait lol?

Lol once I asked a question on how do I look some people called me jailbait and in some other coments too
      And in real life too lol

If we read between the lines I think we both know why they said that XD

Lol yea I know now
      It's not that I care much now
      Thanks

• Then tell them to shut up

• There's a consensus from those guys you know that you are hot, but they are probably much older than you, and you much younger than them (which you probably are since you're only 15). Not particularly a compliment, but not something bad either.

Calling someone a jailbait is just guy humor, to try and alleviate the fact you are young, but they actually find you sexually appealing.

• w ud bang

• 14? WTF country do you live in? :-/

Albania
      14 is legal sexual maturity age while legal age is 18 like normally

• 14? Wow, that is so young!

Ah okay. Yeah, my state's is 16 years old. Anyway... Embrace jailbait as a compliment, but don't really pay too much attention to the people that say it. They're creeps :P

Lol not anymore haha

• You probably just look young and you're attractive

• Who calls you jailbait?

I didn't even know that was a thing.

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 6

• We all live in different countries.
    You'd be considered jail bait in many.

Since your mind isn't fully developed (that happens at age 25) I'd consider you a child even if you reached legal age 16.
    True age happens with experience, not with a birthday.
    Many 16 year olds don't even have any real solid experience.
    Come on...
    Have you seen all the 21, 22 kids on here :D?
    'Enough said!
    Some people take years to "grow up" if you know what I really mean.

• Even tho you're 15 people still think ur young like older guys always call me that cuz I'm not 18 yet.

• Coz you're cute, and you're young, and generally guys are wary of girls under 18.
    Don't worry, it's a compliment! And I get the jailbait comment too.

Embrace it though!
      Pretty sure at one stage I had in my profile description 'I'm what some people would refer to as jailbait' lol.

Lmao nice :P Great minds think alike lol

Hahahah yep

• Because most people on gag prefer 18 and older because...

Nah babe they prefer us they can't say no they're just afraid to admit it😉
      And then to vent they say jailbait I guess haha

I know they do... They are mad liars

Jailbait is like no homo

• Youthful and attractive. No one's called me jailbait before 🤔🤔🤔

• Cause you're still young... it looks wrong if your 15 and you're messing around with someone who is 30 or any age over 18. You can consent to sex or whatever but the moment a guy does something you don't like or your parents dont agree with your partner you can or your parents can scream statutory rape... it's happened