Do you lose intellectual and moral respect for someone who is a Trump supporter?

Upon finding out someone supports a man like Donald Trump, do you find yourself instantly losing respect for the way their mind works?

• Yes.
  • No.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I would lose respect. I understand America and American society has tons of problems (many of which the American voters can blame themselves for) - nobody would deny that. However, electing a guy who just blames everything on certain minority groups or foreigners isn't going to solve anything. We had a friendly Austrian gentleman like that ourselves over here in Europe and well... we all know how that ended.

Famous German author Wilhelm Busch once said: "Tolerance is good - but not towards the intolerant". That's how I think too. I'm a very tolerant person but I won't grant any tolerance to people who overflow with hatred, be it middle eastern terrorists or US-American fascists.

Most Helpful Girl

• Intellectual, yes - moral, no. Why would them proofing to have no clue of politics and the importance of international relations affect how I view them morally? "You're stupid so go get hit by a truck" lmao I'm not Trump and not one of his supporters either.

What Guys Said 10

• Ironic that the people who claim to be all about tolerance and accepting of all people from any background, religious persuasion, country of origin, sexual identity, etc. believe the ONE exception to their inclusive, loving, and diverse moral code is someone who agrees more with Donald Trump than any other candidate.

I'll go out on a limb and guess that while you (people who lose all respect for someone who supports Trump) think that building a wall to keep people out of our country or stopping immigration from Islamic parts of the world is this horrible, hateful, foolish idea... you would probably be fine with the idea of deporting Trump supporters and building a wall to keep us out of your left wing liberal country. Right?

It's no secret that I'm a hardcore Trump supporter, and even though I might completely disagree with someone who supports Hillary or Bernie or any other candidate, I still respect them and their opinions AS LONG AS they have an actual reason for their decision or belief (not just "Trumps a racist and doesn't know what he's doing and will send the country into nuclear war if he's elected so I'm voting for anyone to keep him out of office")

• Most people who are anti-trump are generally doing it because other people are, and can't research on their own

And how is it you know that for sure?

You're deflecting child, answer the question

I'm not a deflecting child; I'm just not interested in having a conversation with you. Don't talk down to me like that and don't expect for me to give you what you want if your personality seems so disgusting and ugly.

• Most people I know who support Trump only do so because they think Hillary would be worse. My sister took the isidewith test and was deeply dismayed that she matched most with him, wishes Ben Carson were still in the running. I myself am voting for Gary Johnson.

• I don't lose respect for them as long as they have a legit reason. I know a couple people who actually like the dude and are good people. Do I agree? No, but that's their decision. With that aid, most supporters of both trump and Hillary are typically borderline retarded... Then again, I have come to the conclusion that most people I meet are pretty retarded. And no, just because I'm anti trump doesn't mean I'm pro Hillary. They aren't mutually exclusive, or visa versa. So for the mooks who want to use this as some sort of crusade against Hillary, stop being butthurt like your deity claims everyone else is. Ave it for someone else

• No. Very often, but not always.

Disclaimer: if you're a strong Hillary supporter, the same thing will happen.

• No. It's just an opinion.

• No, because I am one. How anyone would support a wretch like Crooked Hillary Rotten Clinton is beyond me.

• yepp

• na.. they both suck but he isn't hillary at least

• Yes, I do. Unless they can prove to me why I should vote for a man like him

What Girls Said 9

• I lose intellectual support for someone who supports a lying ho.

Donald Trump is a lying ho, yes? He has quite the history with adultery.

They both would be disastrous leaders. But if you're talking about who's the bigger lying ho, it's not Hilary. 😌

Let's agree to disagree on that.

• To be honest, somehow, intellectual respect not the moral one.

• Politics can be complex and people can get clouded by their own views when making determinations about people. So for me, it's all about their reasoning and not the conclusion, per se.

• Right away and if it's a woman I pity her so bad... Seriously want girls to STOP THAT BULLSHIT! Don't you know that he's disgusting about women? It's so sad that 10 girls voted "no". And no I'm not a feminist

• I support Trump.

• I mean Hitlery supporters aren't better : Both are shit tbh, Trump's the lesser evil in my opinion.

• No, their reason for supporting trump is what makes me decide things.

• No. If anything, I think he's the better choice for America.

• I feel like I would lose respect for someone if they supported Trump's attitude and behavior.
    But I would respect someone for agreeing that a lot of Trump's policies are very logical.
    He isn't politically correct