Why is it that you can be sooo adorable when you're little, but then grow up and be ugly?

Take me, for example. Here's cute little toddler me:

AWWW look at that adorable little face 😍

Now I look like this?

I'm on the left. I didn't want to put a selfie because that baby pic wasn't a selfie lol.

Why? 😭

Most Helpful Guy

• Eh, there are plenty that are worse than you. Not everyone can win the jackpot in the genetics lotto since genes are what control how we age practically everyone is cute as a baby then not as cute later. In fact 90%+ lose to some degree (few are physically perfect at 25-30). Either hope reincarnation is real and you have better luck next life, get rich so you can afford cosmetic surgery (what I'm doing), or hope tech advances to the point genes can be changed after the damage is already done (early stages with curing genetic diseases, cosmetic reasons are probably still a century away).

Most Helpful Girl

• For me it is the opposite. 😂
    I was ugly af when I was a toddler and now I look pretty decent if I'm being honest. 😂
    But babies are normally cuter because this helps them to stay alive by heart-warming the stronger (adults) into taking care of them. Survival of the fittest.

What Guys Said 12

• Yes, the baby pic is just adorable!! But then the 'grown-up' pic is just the slightest little hint of your face alone? THE WORST PICTURE TO POST!!
    Come on, post something in normal clothes that shows your face and your natural curves. I think you are probably just looking for compliments, or have a really shtty self image!! Post something better!!!

I just wanted to prove my point. And I don't wanna be showing my "natural curves" on here 😂

• That's how nature works. Babies and young offsprings are cute so that they will be nurtured and taken care of. This increases survivability. Same with other animals like dogs or cats.

Awe, kittens 😍

• You're. Still. Very pretty. You're also growing and changing physically, so you may feel award at. Times, but you'te fine. Relax and enjoy.

You'll be every bit as pretty, if not mor so than mom. It's something us older guy have learned about comparing your girlfriend to her mom, and that's basically. What you get. Lol!

• Puberty can hit you like a freight train and make you pretty or hit like a hammer and destroy your appearance.

• But you're still a qt

Gracias senor ephemera1

• You r still cute... dont be underestimate urself

• Hay baby ;3

I'm not a horse, I don't like hay.

If u not ma horse, would u like to be ma wifey? 🌹😚

• 😂😂😂😂

• i've seen worse. girls being pretty till 14-16 and getting ugly at 18+

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 14

• There's no better example than MaCaulay Culkin.

www.google.com/search

😲
    Feel better.

• Maybe you're growing out of baby cuteness and transitioning into a pretty young woman?

• Umm you still look pretty okay. But coming to the point I guess babies are innocent that is what makes them cute. Plus society doesn't have any high and harsh standards for judging the beauty of toddlers and babies as it has for adults.
    by the way I myself was almost cute as a baby, ugly as a teenager and now ( not to boast) but people compliment me on my looks!

• Girl you look great. And it's because kids always have an incredibly high cuteness factor.

• I don't know I wasn't that adorable. I had buck teeth and then when I was a teen had acne and didn't know how to style my eyebrows

• Me too. I used to have many complements when I was younger how adorable and cute I was. Then when I turned 12 my beauty started to decline lol :'(

• Because puberty is a cruel mistress. You look fine though

• You don't look bad actually. Plus growing up makes you look more mature. Each has its beauty, just enjoy who you're, beautiful

• I was an ugly baby then turned out cute, just get better with age 😎

• Same with me, bro.

• I think u look pretty
    Unlike me, i have been ugly since the day i was born

• To be fair hun I think babies look like little aliens...

• Silly girl, you look beautiful

• I think you look fine :)