Does religion/race matter to you?

for example if you was a Jewish or Christian, would you be friend with a Muslim? or let's say you hate Asians, how would you treat an Asian person who is trying to help you?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't care about religion for friendship. I grew up around Christian Arabs and we were very close and good friends.
    Now in Universtity I have many Atheist/ Agnostic/ non religious friends and Jewish friends as-well.
    Only on the internet would you see so many haters because haters have the most time in their hands in general because they can't socialize in real life. I've seen tons of Muslims in France, me included and they don't struggle on having non Muslim Friends.
    Race is the leaaaaaaast of my concerns too, I think that I have friends from almost every country lol except Latinos because I haven't met many, but I have 2 Brazilian friends and one Mexican woman friend.

"I don't care about religion for friendship"
      and relationship? how important is it to you? :P

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm with friends with blacks , whites , mexicans , indians , pakistanis , nigerias , somalis , christians , catholics , muslims , buddhists , atheist , pastafarians , the lot.
    Can't say it does.
    The thing about religion tho , like a penis , it's fine to have one , but don't stick it into people unless it's consensual.

"The thing about religion tho , like a penis , it's fine to have one , but don't stick it into people unless it's consensual. " loooooool :D :D :D :D :D :D

What Girls Said 19

• Nope, it does not. people have different beliefs and skin colors but we are all the same inside so IDC cuz I am not prejudice. I treat everyone the same with respect no matter what.

• When I saw the title of this I instantly I assumed that you meant in a relationship, dating, or marriage but for this to only apply as friendship or decency is rather sad...

• For friends it doesn't matter but for SO I'd prefer him to also be Catholic.

• I'm Muslim, so when it comes to friendship I would be friends with people from any religion, it doesn't matter. But when it comes to relationships then I definitely consider the religion to be something important. As for the race, it doesn't matter AT ALL to me, in the end of the day we are all humans. No one should be treated less than other because of their "race" or religion.

• for friendship, I don't care what religion or race the person is. As long as they are respectful to others when it comes to their religion and/or race then thats all I care about. Dating wise though, I wouldn't be able to date a guy who was religious. (Past experiences made me realize this)

• For friendships, nope.
    I look at their character.
    If they seem like a good company, I would befriend them

• No.

For me it all depends on the person, not the colour of their skin, their religion or their nationality. As long as a person doesn't try to force their beliefs onto me and they accept me for who I am then I will accept them for who they are.

• I'm already friends with a Muslim
    I am Asian

Anyway, I can't hate a whole religion or race. I can only hate certain people in it, to give you a proper answer

• Race does not matter in friendship or relationship
    Religion matters only in relationships but not in friendship

• i dont care at all..
    i am christian and i am getting married to a muslim.
    it is the brain and the heart that counts not the race or religion

• I'll be friends with anyone, race and religion really don't mean anything to me in that aspect.

• In friendship no, in romantic relationships religion matters.

how does it matter? needs to be religious? or the opposite? or only certain religions?

@Yumix true, which is why I said "not religious" rather than pure athiest. I wouldn't mind a christian or muslim or hindu etc. as long as they weren't very religious.

yeah I would have no problem with a Muslim doing their stuff... if she wants to pray 5x a day, eat halal and all those things... fine. But I'd have a problem if she wants to wear a hijab all the time. or if she's very religious I'd have to convert to marry... which is an absolute nogo and I can't do it anyway, I can't convert to something I don't believe in.

• doesn't matter to me

• Ofc a lot of my friends are Muslims. It doesn't matter.

• Not at all.

• No not at all.

• I'm Catholic and my boyfriend is a Christian. Well i don"t think that really matters, a friend is a friend we should respect everybodys opinion and the color of our skin shouldn't matter we are all the same :)

• my current boyfriend and i are both religious but not the same one. it's ok.

• It matters if I live in the us because American discriminate everyone but white

What Guys Said 13

• I doesn't matter to me. I may dislike certain religions or philosophies (vegetarianism comes to mind) but people are individually different and I accept them as such. I do not care for, nor trust, people in groups however.

• Not so much for friendships no but for relationships yes, not race but religion I mean.

• As an atheist, I wouldn't want a religious girl unless she is okay with my being an atheist, and also doesn't try to force our children into adopting her religion.

• not a big fan of anyone who thinks they're superior... that kinda gives Jews a leg down with me what with the whole "chosen one" bullshit they got going on... plus if you ever read the Talmud. Hardcore christians turn me off, same with hardcore muslims... frankly anyone who isn't live and let live annoys me substantially and I generally keep my distance. HOwever, one of my best friends is a Jew and several are Christians. I simply avoid the topics usually and find common ground. But philosophically I have no respect for Abrahamic beliefs in general-they're all pretty psychotic.

• religion matters a lot to me

but when it comes to friends i can be friends with of any religion

• For friendship I don't care about race or relgion

• I don't care. But as long as they don't mess with mine I won't bother them either

• Maybe.

• for girlfriend i prefer atheist otherwise for casual friends it doesn't matter

• no, as long as it's nothing extremist then I don't care about religion. as long as they are tolerant it's fine.

race... I don't care at all

• I would not be friends in person with a Muslim, but I would online, and even play games or something with them and talk.

I would not be friends with a black person though, or Jews, or a homosexual man.

why, what did black guys do to you?

It's not just guys. It's actually an equal amount of black women that I've had bad experiences with.

• no at all- only see the person

• it doesn't matter long as they dont try and convert me and be extremist