Which color is most feminine? Pink or red?

• Pink
  • Red
  • Both equally
  • Neither

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know what I'd describe as more "feminine" in this case, as there are no universal tendencies to go by as far as I know. Women's natural lip color ranges about as much as male lip color.

But a color like pink, provided it's not hot pink, tends to contrast less with the face. In that case, the focal point becomes other features like eyes (extreme example of low contrast in the lips):

cdn.exquisitegirl.com/.../...ye-makeup-design9.jpg

With a very contrasty red color, the lips tend to become more of the focal point, like so:

www.katelynsaid.com/.../redlipstick.png

So I tend to think of it more in terms of contrast than color. If you go by high contrast, you're going to be pulling the viewer's attention away from the rest of your face and more to your lips. If not, you'll tend to pull the attention more to other aspects like eyes. A balanced and blended approach might make the composition you present with your face have the eyes navigate around your entire face.

Different women do better accentuating different features.

Most Helpful Girl

• Pink is more feminine because it's the stereotyped colour to represent girls

For example:
    Think of Power Rangers: The red ranger was always a guy, and the pink ranger a girl.

What Guys Said 6

• Pink is more feminine cause of all the girly romantic princesses wear stuff like that. I have a pink sweatshirt but it looks badass on me though. I wear it at uni and everything.

• both are, pink is more feminine and red is more hot on girls

• Neither...

• voted c

• Neither

• What does feminine mean

What Girls Said 4

• i say pink

• To me... both equally.,

Pink = soft girlie
    Red = blatant sexy

• Well I'm definitely a pink girl. :)

• Both.