Do you agree that this law in a certain agree of England is stupid?

It's a law which is supposed to stop misogyny and it means if a woman sees a man looking at her boobs she could get him arrested. I personally think it's a ridiculous law which never should have happened. It's a natural human instinct to look, both men and women look at boobs. This has annoyed me a lot. There are actual criminals out there and the police are focused on this "problem" which really isn't a problem.

in a certain area*

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow! What? :O Too far! Yes I agree its stupid. Men and women both stare. It shouldn't be a problem, its not like they are doing any harm. They're just looking. I also don't agree with the law that you need to be 25+ to buy a euro millions ticket and alcohol. Oh well, not long to wait now. I'll be 25 on October. What is the world coming to with these frivolous laws.

Most Helpful Guy

• With all the security threats the UK is facing from its Muslim population the idea that its law enforcement would be focused on men looking at women's chests is beyond belief. It just shows how much the West has its head up its ass when it comes to the real threats it's facing. Girls in the UK are being subjected to Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and they're worried about a man stealing a glance at a woman's chest? Incredible.

• Thanks for MH Guy opinion!

• Your welcome, the female genital mutilation in the UK is false though lol. It never happens here.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, it is. Men are going to stare. It is human nature. Even women look at other women's boobs. I do tbh and I am straight.

• If the law genuinely is like that and it's not some right wing bullshit like most of it is, then yes, it's stupid.

• What do you mean by right wing bullshit?

• This law also basically says if i was to send you a message without knowing you, you could get the law involved.

• Which would be ridiculous as I said (that's the 'uninvited message', right?) Unwanted messages can be understood as if you continue to message someone after they let you know they don't want to talk to you which is harassment and should be punished. Uninvited messages shouldn't be punished seeing as even my best friend sends me uninvited messages.

• And just how are they ever going to enforce this? lol

• No clue, you didn't answer my question though.

• Everyone else answered my question

• Have they? Might I suggest you take a closer look at some of the guys responses.

• Ridiculous

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 16

• Yes it is very stupid,
    I actually think its anti-feminist but I'm a rather old school actual equality promoting feminist

• Don't we have a law where if someone feels "threatened" by it the Police have the right to take down national flags or something?

• Wow

Um that needs to be changed. Like, probably now

• I think that this law is sexist against men because there is no law that protects them.

• It is contrary to democracy to force people to control what they look at. If it's in public view then you should be able to look at it for any reason you choose. Somehow it has come into the zeitgeist that certain people are sacred, and should be above the sight of the common man. We saw this with the ruling class of certain ancient cultures, that looking at them is a criminal act. There is no room for this in a truly free country.

• The law should be after criminals instead of wasting tax payers money and a the police on stupid rules like this.

• I personally think that is kinda stupid. Especially when some girls try to get attention.

• Biologically, the act of checking a man/woman out is our primal instinct finding a the perfect partner.
    Also, while it is hardly made a big to-do over, women also check out men to be fair; genitalia or just the bod, we all do it cuz like I said, it's primal instinct for us to so.

• Well said. Smart opinion from a teen.

• Thank you! I'll put a photo of this on my fridge and ponder about it every morning

• LOL... No I am serious. You can't imagine the stupidity over here in this site...

• We would have to read the text of the law to emit an opinion. Just someone telling us what he heard it means isn't really AAA+ information.

• it's a law.

• testing... until judges speak.

• Thank god there is actually no such law... There is a police corps in England that will start to record "misogyny" in their hate crime statistics but no one will be going to jail for glancing at some boobs.

• They are testing it out in Nottingham, if they keep it, it will be applied else where.

• Can women get arrested for looking at boobs? 👀

• That law would never hold up in court I'm guessing. Might as well mandate that women not expose their breasts.

• Isn't it consider a hate crime or something?

• difference between looking and harassment.

• Who on earth could pass such a law? That's ridiculous , and with all the big boob women you have over there it will just flood the jails if the police even enforced it. I would be arrested everyday , what moron in the justice system let that pass?