Have you ever wanted to try urban exploration?

I've always wanted to explore haunted places

• Yes
  • no
  • never heard of it

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. If I lived near you we'd go do it! Cause I don't have anyone to go with :(

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd love to walk around the London Underground if i had the chance. But the penalty for getting caught these days is probably an armed police response thinking you're planting a bomb or smth.

hm, I've explored the closed NYC subway stations before. Never occurred to me that I might be accused of terrorist intent. Yikes.

www.thrillist.com/.../nycs-most-insane-abandoned-subway-stations

@redeyemindtricks Wow you've done it? You never cease to surprise me :P

Yeah London is pretty edgy these days when it comes to these things. We have cops openly carrying rifles at pretty much every large public place and even a suspect car is now a bomb squad call out.

ahah the NYPD isn't organized enough for that, tbh. But, so far, they haven't needed to be. ::crosses fingers::

Yeah, this is one of the few things I actually wanted to do in NYC when I've been there. That and go to a few food places (pretty much all holes-in-the-wall that serve South American food). For the most part, NYC just kinda bores me.

What Girls Said 30

• YES! big yes.
    There's this building that my boyfriend and I often drive by that was actually a mental asylum from the early 1800's till being closed in the early 90's. The building still stands looking spooky af and whenever we drive by, I can't help but look. I even looked it up online and found this site put together by a guy who was doing his own little personal investigation of it. He had several entries put up where he'd list former patient's names. their behaviours, what they'd been diagnosed with, and how they'd been 'treated'. Almost like a yearbook of the asylum with many people who exhibited symptms of schizophrenia or the milder types like PMS having been locked away in the asylum after a diagnoses of being a witch or whatnot. After which they'd die of malnutrition or who knows what other kind of mistreatment.

There are many people who left comments on that site's guestbook also listing names, that that was their great-great-grandfahter. That htey know he'd been checkd into the facility and were wondering if this 'investigator' person knew what had happened to their relatives as after check-in, they'd essentially vanished. Never to be seen again.
    (I'd love to go check it out if anyone were to organize a spooky tour of sorts around there closer to Halloween or something.)
    😎

• Yes, and I have even Lived in One, a Huge old House that my grandparents Allowed my Family to Live in While We were Setting up another New Home.
    Good luck and Great question, @Waffles731 xx

• Ehh, not really. There was an abandoned factory on the street opposite my home growing up and kids would constantly be going in there and messing around. It never really interested me.

• I love stuff like this! I think it's really interesting to visit abandoned places, though I have never tried this. I am always worried about if I tried to, that I would get caught or something.

I think as long as people are not destroying the places, then it can be okay. I think part of the fun is documenting history of places. I wish more places would open their doors and do tours, because I think a lot of people have interest in seeing places, but are too scared to explore. And it could be a way of managing people who have a curiosity to just poke around.

I like a few pages on facebook for urban exploring and it's really neat to see some of the photos of places. I love history and seeing how things were in the past.

• I like tours where the person tells you all the creepy stuff about this home or that graveyard, etc. I don't know if I could get into this. But, I like spooky stuff in general.
    I didn't watch all the video-but what happened?

• Not sure about urban exploration but I have wanted to go to haunted house (but not really haunted)
    Especially when I was 14

We used live in this house near the fire department or something. I don't remember but next to our house was an abandoned house.

It was all broken and stuff

The landlord's kid, my bro's and I actually went it

It was scary and we almost got in trouble by the police but thank God he didn't yell at us.

• Never heard of it - but this looks staged and silly to me.
    I'd like to eplore haunted places, but ones 100's or 1000's of years old, not ones build in the last 20 years...

• I get spooked pretty easily so, no

• You already know that I actually do it! LOL

• That would make for some sick shots
    I've always wanted to sneak up to rooftops in the city or explore abandoned railroads underground so I would def be into this. I'd take people with me though lol I need interesting subjects for the photos

• not so much haunted places but places that have been abandoned, like chernobyl (with a hazmat), they have an eerie feel to them and tell a story within the walls

• I've been through a few places when I was younger but not in the past 25 - 30 years now. It is interesting and I do enjoy it, just nobody to go with.

• Hmm no! *hides under the blanket* I'm staying in here you go lol

• When I was in the naval infantry we used to do urban exploration, some abandoned places are home to criminals.

• Kind of, I really like some of the videos I've watched about it, but I'd need to go with several other people who I feel like are gonna protect me (I'm pretty useless when I'm scared lol)

• Yes, but I'm a little bitch so I'd cry the second I heard a spooky noise xD

• Big yes!

• probably not because it would make me paranoid for the rest of the night.

• no. never.

• Nop.

• I think there are lots of abandoned hospitals. Practically one in every city limit

• I've done some of this before. It was thrilling and fun.

• Maybe

• Yessss

• Only if you hold my hand (I get scared too easily) :P

• Nuh uh that's way too creepy mate

• I always wanted to, yes.

• No clue what that is!

• I've always wanted to but all my friends are losers and won't come with me

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 27

• Hauntings? Seriously...

I know, we can bring or get some EMF (Electromagnetic field) Meters, shotguns loaded with "rock salt" pellets, or pistols with "wrought-iron" rounds, or just bring something that consists of wrought-iron, either way, salt, lots of salt, and maybe even holy water.

Oh, and uh, More Importantly bring something to play music with. Put that song "Ghostbusters" on as LOUD as fucking possible, we want to announce ourselves BIG, LOUD and CLEAR that were coming to put their Casper asses back to rest since those "spirit (s)" must have rejected their "reaper's" offer of moving on in the first place and thus they got stuck and left behind as "ghosts". But no problem, as we're there to fix that problem. We may need also need a "psychic" to come along in case it was a "poltergeist" instead of just a ghost or two..

Oh and bring a 4K Hi-Def screen projector and start running episodes of "SuperNatural" (pick the ones where the episodes involving "ghosts" while we standby and "investigate" and wait for those darn ghosts to appear, who knows they may just join us and have some popcorn. Let's just hope they don't go totally "Slimer" on us or something. Who knows, they might turn out to be quite friendly like Casper after all?

While we investigate, let's start by uncovering out the entire history of the location about whom or what had died there, and whether if it was violently or otherwise, find out where they buried at, dig 'em up, if they're not cremated. If they are cremated find out what possessions the dead held onto dearly and obsessively while they had been alive or whatever it is that they've been obsessed and deeply attached to at that location. Either way after either case of whatever is found, salt 'em and burn 'em.

After that, it's End of the hauntings. End of the story. That is unless it's something else that's causing the strange "paranormal" effects instead of "ghosts".

Well that's typically how it goes for the Winchesters. If someone does try something like that, and things worked, great tell me how it turned out, otherwise there really isn't really anything authentic or legit and genuine about ghosts at all but rather just hallucinations, or optical and auditory illusions that can be debunked.

Just some ideas that popped in there in my mind after reading your topic question.

• I don't believe in ghosts but I am fascinated with abandoned places. I volunteer in a historic courthouse which is alleged to be haunted but I have been there for 9 years and never seen any flying sheets, never felt any sudden cold wind, etc.

• My little brother and I recently explored an old abandoned school. In fact, the picture on my profile is from there.

• Some of it, yes. There's this old, dead, collapsed church somewhere down south that was constructed in the 50s I think, and not long after that people just stopped going and the place got condemned. It's been left that way ever since. I would want to see that, and Chernobyl.

• yeah i haven't tried it before but its pretty cool. but as with all exploration, before you go there tell a person to call the cops if you do not return after a set time like 24 hours, 48 hours. this can really save your life. if nobody knows where you are its gonna be very difficult to find you back in case something would happen to you.

• Be very careful. A friend and I got attacked by a crackhead because we walked along a rec trail that passed his lair under an overpass and he took exception to the fact my friend had a camera.

When I go out west and live in Washington state I want to do A LOT of hiking, so I'm going to be getting a CCW license along with a 6 shot snub nosed thirty-eight revolver
      You know for animals and shit

• Lol no only idiots will play with that kind of stuff if you mess with that stuff you'll get hurt or worse die, that stuff you'd be smart not to mess with it. You have no idea what kind of stuff your getting into if you do.

• Urban exploration was my old job as a security guard. This video is fuckin boring for me lmao but im sure others here will get scared.

• No because I don't want to be fooling around with possible paranormal entities. Also if horror movies and "true" stories have thought me anything, it's that the people that cross the line with these kind of things end up getting more than they bargained for🙂.

• Ooooo yes! In my head I might be thinking "If it's true, it's too late" But I got to know though! I love urban legends and stuff

Not just the urban ones, but also areas where we aren't allowed to go. What could the leaders be hiding, you know

• I want to go into a popular one, one night and make ghost noises and do the whole nails on the chalkboard thing haha. I'll put it on youtube as a spin off!

• That would be so cool. Yeah, I want to explore abandoned and haunted places.

• I just want to explore the world in general. I'm never settling down woot woot.

• Sure, I don't believe in vampires or ghosts!
    Where are the zombies? HERE are the zombies :D

• Yes bro ever since a little kid I've wanted to explore creepy and haunted places. I have never done it but take me with u when u do! :p

• No, I'm more of a rural person, and I don't believe in the supernatural.

• Nope, nope and nope.

• I once went to a hunted palace

• yeah dude its ballsy

• Google and Youtube have more than enough.

• The music made it fucking creepy xD

• Hells yes

• I would love it.
    Too bad I'm such a scaredy cat :P

• That'd be cool. For sure have a metal detector. Never know what you'll find in the backyard.

• Heck yes.

• I joined sub urban community in my town few years ago , it was fun , and nice place to meet women too
    We usually visited several old abandoned building, and a mountain near the town
    But now most of the members are gone (married/moved on/etc)

• never heard of it