How do you like the idea of men and women playing on the same teams and running the same races in the Olympics?

0|0
8|15

Most Helpful Guy

• That would work well in teams with equal amount of men and women. Women might end up performing better because they would be trying harder to go after the men. Men will basically be the leaders which could increase the performance of women. So there are cases in which this would be fair and interesting, and where it would mess things up.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

No, it wouldn't. There was already the experiment in the 90s of man vs woman in Tennis and it was a disaster.

What Girls Said 8

• That's horrible. Very few women are going to win medals just because our bodies are designed differently than yours.

3|1
    0|0
  • Yes, given that they are equally physically capable and every nation has to have the same number of men and women per team, I don't see a problem with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Thats dumb males are biologically stronger, faster... etc For pc society thats smart for the intelligent thats dumb.

1|1
    0|0
    • 3mo

That is undoubtedly true, but I never imagined how close the figures were. For instance in the 100m, the difference between men and women is incredibly close. In many sports, we can just see that the differences attenuate much more, when both genders compete at a professional level, than when you compare a average woman and a average man

• No men are stronger than women

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd have to say no because women and men are designed differently. However, the show American Ninja Warrior have both men and women competing on the same obstical courses and many women have proved they can play alongside the men. So i dont know.

0|0
    0|0
  • Like the mixed teams in Tennis?
    Not sure if any other sport could work, maybe the shooting sports.

0|0
    0|0
  • Equal rights! Love it !

0|0
    0|0
  • Disagree, men and woman just simply aren't built the same. If you look back, very few woman have similar times/etc on things as men, can't compare, shouldn't share.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• well i thought there should be inter-gender relays like in swimming and track. why only have relays with all one gender. it would be fun to see phelps/ledecky/lochte/manuel on a relay team

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad and ignorant idea. Men have testicles which produce testosterone. The most powerful and common form of natural steroids is testosterone. Doping is illegal in the olympics because it gives the athletes an unfair advantage.
    Men are naturally born with that "unfair advantage".
    Although on a related note I think the olympics would be better if the athletes were taking steroids. It'd be a lot less boring.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's a few sports that may work, but very few. Men and women's bodies are just different and having them compete against each other is just unrealistic.

0|0
    0|0
  • The genders have biological differences and anatomical differences, let each have their own class of competition.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't underestimate what a woman can do. If pure strength isn't enough then she then she will add her intelligence to the mix and can level the playing field. Look at the Williams Sisters pure power and serious skills. They can hold their own against anyone. So it is possible for women in the Olympics to do the same.

1|0
    0|0
  • Olympic women have about the same speed and skill as your generic above average high school boy

0|0
    0|0
  • They should only make the feminists compete in the same sports with men. Other than that they should keep it separate and fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, don't like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls are weaker then men so no. This message has been supported by Jeb Bush.

0|0
    0|0
  • Watching female sports is just like watching the special olympics...

0|0
    0|0
  • If women favour proper equality then they'd support this. Men and women are equals after all. Women should not be treated differently from men.

0|0
    0|0
  • No medals for women then.

0|0
    0|0
  • That would be a lot like letting normal people play in the special Olympics.

>Most offensive comment award.

0|0
    0|1
  • I don't mind

0|0
    0|0