Why do people stare at me?

Wherever I'm at, I often catch people staring. Even thought sometimes I tell myself they're looking at something else, there's really nothing my way to stare at. Most times, I make eye contacts with them and they turn away. I have social anxiety so maybe some are just in my head. But, I wonder why they stare. I feel awkward and uncomfortable in situations like this. What are some possibilities?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe it's just in your head... I mean, when you're in public people will see you, it doesn't mean they stare.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your not alone. I get those stares all the time. Since I'm intuitive, it can be a real bother, especially when its unwanted. A lot of people just say that your an attractive person meaning physically. And honestly I just don't care about it. I try not to let it get to me either. I'm more of a loner type thats happy being alone, but usually those are the reasons besides these:

1. Your a magnetic person
    2. Their intuitive and sense things about you
    3. They find you interesting
    4. Maybe you have certain physical feature people never seen before

Those could be the reason too.

What Guys Said 2

• they more than likely stare because your a beautiful girl.

• Maybe you are attractive?

What Girls Said 5

• Some possibilities:
    - They find you attractive.
    - The spotlight effect is happening (i. e. feeling like everyone is looking at you and watching your every move, when in reality that isn't the case). This is common among teens.

• I know that feeling too (I think plp are staring at me too all the time). They stare at u because they may drifting into space or like what they see.

• they have never seen a walking goddess

• You can be really pretty or really ugly, or you can be wearing unique clothes

• They're probably creep and you should call the police if it gets out of hand.