Are any of you scared of walking home when it's dark?

Today i had to walk 6 miles, and it was pretty dark, like i could barely see myself, i live in one of the best area from Minnesota, so i was kind of confident walking, but at the same LET'S BE HONEST there are creeps everywhere no matter how secure the neighborhood is.

• Yes i am
  • No i am not

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah considering there are rapists everywhere... guys are lucky they usually don't have to worry about that

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, You never know when a random person is just gonna creep up behind you so yea.

What Girls Said 12

• hi, im in the uk, and we are not allowed any weapons, we can't carry a blade more than about an inch i think, we can't have pepper spray and obviously no guns. now i live alone with my two children, if i could have a weapon like a gun in my house i would. we are allowed to carry a spray can the size of pepper spray and it sprays an attacker with a paint that doesn't wash off!!! omg how ridiculous is that. i would at least carry pepper spray if allowed, xx

Wow, so only the cops are allowed to carry guns?

In more states now in the USA there is this thing called a "Castle Law" Now you can do a lot to defend your home here. More than used to be allowed.
      But that's why I said have a glove/mitt and ball next to the bat.
      You could also have a 5 pound iron dumbell in your room for exercise purposes, but pick it up and use that in place of brass knuckles. Would that be legal and look like you just grabbed whatever was there at the moment?

well very much depends on where you live, im lucky enough to be in a place thats quite small but i see documentaries that show such disrespect for our police you wouldn't believe, compared to how u. s cops act.. i feel sorry for our forces.. xx

• Not afraid, but If I sense danger I would pay very close to my surroundings and be prepared to attack if need be. Overall I would avoid walking out in the dark at night.

• Awe haha, yes. But I will kick someone's ass if I have to

• Georgia is one of the safest countries in the world thus we can walk at midnight without any worries though I am still afraid of darkness if I am alone.

• I live in a shady neighborhood so I'm not even allowed to go out or stay out when it's dark

• Just being a female, always.

• No. I like walking at night the most. No one is around.

But with street lights? or completely dark?

Well you got some balls down there LOL

There has never been anything in there when I go. I have social anxiety, so the less crowded an area is, the better. It's why I prefer walking at night.

• No I like walking in the dark

• Very much so.

• I dont walk home, but I have walked around at night before and it doesn't scare me

• Depends on where I am. I almost always have some sort of weapon on me so usually not

• Not really no

What Guys Said 10

• Well let's see
    My town is safe as hell
    The city next door is real violent though
    The only place I have ever NEEDED to walk from was work when my truck needed a fix
    It's on the city line but I know my area and no ones gonna bother a crazy looking bearded guy at 11pm
    Not that I'm really intimating 5,11 180 pounds
    But I try to look confident and I'm armed with a variety of stuff on me

• I'm too paranoid and prepared to be scared.

Lift weights, learn martial arts, wear steel toe boots for those martial arts kicks, carry a knife and pepper spray, and you'll be set.

I don't even open my front door unarmed ever. Not even to get the mail.

What if a cop stop and ask me what am i doing at this time walking down the street and then he found out i have a knife hahahahaha?

Good answer, but you now how the US police operate so :P

Wear a watch camera on your wrist. Anytime you see one, turn it on and wait for your opportunity to sue. Be polite in the video and don't physically resist, knowing who will really get what's coming to them financially in the end.

• I don't have a problem with going home at 3-5am or 6am I don't know I just walk and turn on my music box and walk home for like 1-3 hours.
    Depending on which club I went it's about 15-8km
    Here are creeps but do you think they don't fear a half drunken guy who seems to be psycho by his own?

• If you don't have a healthy level of fear in an uncertain situation, you probably won't as long as those who do.

• No. I'm not scared. In Africa where there are lions and shit I would be though.

• No, it feels quite refreshing, it's not safe though depends on your neighbourhood.

• I'm not scared. I'm 6ft 197lbs. ain't nobody gonna fuck with me.

• Nah if they tried to rob me I would it them to sleep

• No i am not.

• No cuz I'm not a pussy.