Do I really need to back down at times?

This is what my mother sometimes tell me. She thinks I'm gonna have a hard finding a boyfriend.
I might be outspoken sometimes but it's only when someone is either bias, I see someone treated unfair or they're sexist.

For instance, the last argument I got into is when some idiot said most of us are naturally submissive. Needless to say I found that offensive. They argument went on for like 30 minutes.

• No, you're just being yourself
  • Yes, your mother is right
3mo Well my mother is a more traditional woman. I'm not.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't back down unless someone convinces me that I'm in the wrong, if you're standing up for the right things it shouldn't affect you getting a boyfriend, it might just exclude you attracting guys that are not worth your time.. I. e one's with sexist ideas.

True and so far, none of who I've argued with made valid points to show me where I was wrong.

@Kkaos
      agenda? everyone has an agenda. and I DID direct it at you and yes I downvoted that shit. so whatchu want?

@feminismisnarcissism Right.. Interesting..

Anyways, all the best.

Most Helpful Girl

• There nothing wrong with standing up for what you believe, and calling people on their BS, but you wasted 30 minutes of your time on someone that no amount of arguing would sway. It's more about picking your fights, especially if it's just a random person with a generalization. It only accomplished spiking your blood pressure.

What Guys Said 12

• I'm not saying you can't be yourself but I can kind of see where your mother is coming from. I mean the person who said women were naturally submissive probably wasn't the brightest I would assume. So 30 minutes arguing with him seems like wasted breath. Some people aren't going to change or listen, so maybe pick and choose, while being concise.

• If you jump at every sound, you won't be able to recognize true danger. It's the same with being offended, if you argue with everyone who offends you, that's all you'll end up doing. Your quality of life will diminish.

The reason one should argue is to promote learning, not to be right, or because they are angry or offended.

Leonardo da Vinci once said, "Where there is shouting, there is no true knowledge.".

• I like outspoken girls

• Look - hate it all you want, but females in most species are the ones more graceful, less aggressive, smaller - does that qualify as submissive (if that's what he meant, you did raise a lot of fuss - if he was overdoing it, still probably not worth arguing for 30 minutes - one remark probably does it)

• No, you're just being yourself i think any girl that is themselves is the most attractive

Thanks. So far none if those who I've made my points showed me any valid reasons to prove me wrong.

you should consider learning about logical fallacies, I bet most of your "see, I'm right" arguments rest on fallacies and you just don't realize it. Nobody is always right. repeat that with me: NOBODY IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

@ TAZMAN2908 Simp much? grow some balls

• sexually women ARE naturally submissive.. the rest of the time most of them are pretty dominant in my opinion. I wish more were dominant in the bedroom.

also you DO need to back down sometimes. You CAN'T be right ALL the time-so that's a no brianer. If you think you're right all the time, you have a problem and your relationships (intimate) will be a mess.

well you finally struck a nerve. I'm a switch too and agree with this argument. Again, maybe I'm wrong and you just argue with lots of dumbasses as this is a GOOD and reasoned argument back to me-and seems logical. ALso lots of dudes ARE intimidated by a dominant woman and culture would be held accountable for some of that. But you still gotta wonder why you're arguing with so many morons-is it possible you prefer an easy kill or are attracted to sexist assholes? How is it possible I have to wonder...

I just happened to bump into one of them at times or once joined in a conversation. Other times, it's online.

I'm not attracted to assholes.

• You are just being your useless self. Its fine, if you think it is fine.

• My first girlfriend was like you. It was a royal pain in the ass.

• Women are usually submissive in bed at least, all the feminists want to rule the world outside of the bedroom then get dominated in the bedroom. The only place women are not equal to men is THE MIDDLE EAST if you disagree to bad cause you are wrong.

• Yes, your mother is right

• Are you a feminist?

So calling out when someone is clearly in the wrong and a complete sexist is already being a feminist?

It was a simple yes or no but your response clearly shows your mom is right.

• Your being yourself but you like to argue if you don't agree with someone

It's only when I find their ideas so ridiculous or relating to gender roles. I've argued with a couple slut shaming hypocrites too (the ones that sleep around but expect a girl to be nearly virginal).

Yeah I know the feeling when you try to make your point with someone that's to stupid to get it and then it just goes on and on

that's a valid argument (the slut shaming double standard) ... so why not give us a few MORE arguments or throw some of yours up on GAG and see how it goes-then you'll get some objective answers instead of just pats on the head which is what you seem to be seeking here.

So that in mind (that your one example I've read so far seems valid) you either:

1/ attract total sexist douche bags or intentionally seek them out...
      2/ gave us your best example but not the grey area ones to reinforce your claim WITH bias
      i think those are the possible options

What Girls Said 2

• The right guy won't care. You do you.

• Dont ever change youself to please someone else