Would you consider South Indians and Sri Lankans as blacks?

Or are they still "browns" even though their skin is virtually black.

0|0
3|4

Most Helpful Girl

• They are darker skinned but they wouldn't be considered black people, nor do I thing they'd want to be. They still are what they are regardless of the tone of their skin.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I think Browns

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes they're Dravidians the worse Indians. North Indians are much better.

0|1
    2|1
    • 3mo

calm down there no need to be rude

• Show All
    • 3mo

maybe just bad luck i think. i know tons of both north, south, east and west indians lol and all of them are sweet, loyal and kind. i for one am south indian and i dont see myself as the "worst indian"

• 3mo

@aftermath maybe I wrong but am just pointing out what has constantly happened in my life. I apologize if I offend you.

What Guys Said 4

• Usually in the US, a small amount of African is considered black. Example Klay Thompson
    images.performgroup.com/.../...7411oac9f8a1i1s.jpg

Anything outside of Africa isn't general considered black here but I think a dark skinned Indian or Sri Lankan being called black makes sense.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

I meant they just have to have a small amount of African. Klay isn't considered white here generally even though he's more European than African ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 3mo

Besides his afro and slightly round forehead, he's hardly got any African features

• (I'm not trying to be racist in the following opinion) I'm South Indian and I would say I am brown. Mainly because I have seen people that are a lot darker than me and also a lot darker than my Sri Lankan friends. Plus if you look at the difference between an African-American person or even an African person, South Indian and Sri Lankan people will be lighter, maybe only by a little bit, but still lighter.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

North Indians typically call South Indians as "black", like they're a completely different race.

• Show All
    • 3mo

@Curlybeauty17 fair enough I see your point. That's actually true when you think about it. My opinion changed hahah thanks for shedding light (y)

• 3mo

No problem man.

• You can tell by if they have that very short extra curly hair.
    I don't even know what one looks like.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're not negroid, which is who we typically associate with the word 'black.'

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Aboriginal Australians are also considered black.

• Show All
    • 3mo

*USA confuses skin color with race.

• 3mo

Correct. Because he is racially Asian an she is racially African.