What do you think about people who are rude to servers and fast food/retail employees?

Just witessed a man yell at a cashier possibly older than him for more ketchup at McDonalds. Sigh.

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was a cashier at Wendys, I didn't take much crap from anyone. Like this really raggity woman came in one night. She was pale and skinny. Looked like she had been on a lot of drugs and she orders a salad and when I told her that the particular one she ordered didn't have the dressing she wanted, but I'll go get some, she starts throwing a fit.

"don't tell me it doesn't come with this"
    "I ordered this a week ago"
    "You should make it right the first time" (Their all pre-packaged)

So I go

"First of all you don't look like you've had a salad in your life, second there's a huge color coded chart right here explaining how it doesn't come with your thing, but I'm getting it for you anyway"

"After I complained"

"'After' If you closed your chainsmoking yap for five seconds you would have realized I brought it over before I even told you it doesn't come with it"

"I can't believe you're talking to me like this where's your manager?(hiding in the back) I could leave over this"

"Where the hell are you gonna find a salad? It's almost an hour away from midnight! Are you gonna pay for the food or should I call the cops"

So she left and that was pretty much that. As soon as the door shut behind her, everyone started laughing.

Most Helpful Girl

• The scientific name for those people that're rude/angry to the servers that didn't do anything, is asshole.

What Guys Said 15

• Oh well rude people start to annoy me bad. I mean it's really not that hard to show people a minimum of respect and civism. If the rude person is rude by nature it's really bad. If the person behaves in a rude way because they're angry, it's understandable yet still unacceptable in society. Showing some self restraint and self control is important then. Doesn't mean you can't curse life and stuff in your head tho, but it's not supposed to offend others. When it's about something as unimportant, insignificant as ketchup amounts, it really becomes pathetic. If you sigh at that sort of thing it means you're far more evolved than that man. Be proud of that, not to become sad over things unworthy of your emotions. What do I think of that? A pathetic, undelicate wretch. A sorry scene to watch. Maybe someone strong enough could encourage such people to go argue elsewhere and not to ruin people's dinners with that nonsense.

• I think "What's the point of yelling when you can send the same message in a friendlier way?". No one likes being yelled at. If you are not satisfied with the service then ask for the manager or just leave. No need to cause problems for the employees and customers.

• If have followed him into the parking lot, slit his throat open and said "There's your steenking ketchup! Is that enough or should I whip up some more!" Natch!

• I think they need to get hit by a dose of karma one day. Honestly if you want to yell, yell at management - they're the ones who say how much initiative the grunts can use (and it's virtually none). Sure I get angry sometimes, but I take a deep breath and remember that fact

• Depends, if they've got a shitty attitude and act like I'm an inconvenience rather than a customer then they're gonna get it.. However if they do their job properly and they're nice and polite I know it's a shit job so I'll be nice and polite back and leave a decent tip.

• Rude for no reason or over petty shit? Assholes.

Rude because of lazy or bad service? Still depends on the situation.

• If i was the manager and saw a costumer doing that to one employ, i would kick the guy from my place.

• Those people feel low of themselves because they are so they take it on the people with humble jobs

• Assholes. I judge girls on a date by the way they interact with staff.

• They are terrible people.

• its the reason why servers are rude to us i suppose

• Bad people who get off on abusing service employees.

• They are bad people. They get off on degrading service employees. They think they are better than us. People in general are getting more rude. They have poor lives and it makes them feel better to abuse someone else.

Still, during holidays, I have got a lot of compliments from people who understand we work harder during the busy seasons, and we do appreciate that there are still a lot of decent people out there.

• I use to try & "out-dumb" them. Just keep agitating them.
    Their too stupid to try to outsmart.

• I think people like this man are cowards. They bring their anger into the restaurant or shop and then proceed to unleash it onto complete strangers working to provide them with goods and services which they demand. It also doesn't help that companies constantly tell customers that they are always right and roll out the red carpet for people. Companies help facilitate such nasty attitudes in the first places and it's funny how it's the front line staff that nearly always end up in the firing range isn't it?

Cashiers/shop workers have a right to refuse to serve someone who is being rude to them. Service is not a right for customers, they are paying for the meal, not the service and I'd like to see cretins like this prick paying a service charge with his burger and fries.

What Girls Said 14

• if someone is disrespectful to the staff when we go out somewhere, that's a huge red flag, since that's likely how they treat all people.

if i have a complaint, i calmly ask for the manager~ i can't think of one situation in which yelling at someone has ever yielded a positive result for anyone involved, so why make myself look like a crazy bitch for nothing?

i was a head cashier at a retail store in my early 20s, and threw people out for mistreating my staff on more than one occasion. oh, the things i saw while working there...

• I have Seen this More than Once in my own Life on Many accounts With... Servers and fast food/retail employees. It's Rude and Crude.
    It's Sort of Like when Someone is Hiding behind the Computer Curtain and Find the Nerve to just "Vent." These Clowns Offline and being in Line, Get out of "line" and find the Balls to do it to Someone's Face and don't Give a Hill of Beans Where or What... Place.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

Thank you for the Like, almost forgot my own manners. xx

• I think it's uncalled for how some people act around waitstaff. Your example just makes me cringe. It really wouldn't kill these people to ask nicely for those things. Just because they work at a minimum wage job doesn't mean they don't deserve respect.

• I think they've probably never worked a service job and have way too much time on their hands.

• As someone who works at a minimum wage serving job, I just roll my eyes when a customer is rude. I just make sure no one is paying attention. To all the asshole customers: I hope you know my coworkers and I talk and laugh about you during break.

• I think it's ridiculous some people have the lack of respect to treat others the way they do. I used to work retail, and I hated it specifically for that reason.
    The employees are there earning their money, working hard, and just doing their jobs. There's no reason to flip out or disrespect them simply for little mishaps. No one is perfect.

• Yesterday I was out with my mom and went to a Caffè. A girl near us threw the drinking to the guy who takes the order in his face. She was mad

• they need manners... smh

• Theyre asshats

• Those people are the degenerates and losers of life. So miserable with their dead end jobs/lives.

• i dislike rude people.

• They are terrible and I do not want them around me.

• It's so ridiculous. Just because a person is at their job and have to be professional does not give u the right to take advantage of that and be an asshole. This is what I do NOT miss about being a cashier. Not that I miss much about it anyways. lol

• Oh god, I work in retail and I have so many people try and argue with me because they're too stupid to read.
    "WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S $50? THE SIGN SAYS 2 FOR $22!"
    "That only applies to the items with the red signs under them, not everything on that wall."