What would you say is the 'normal' way to speak English?

Is it how news anchors talk on TV?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• Many people speak it improperly. Especially in the US. Then it carries to other places through TV and other media. Not that it's the only place it is spoken incorrectly. People just seem to confuse endings of words in sentences that aren't supposed to be said the way they do.

You might hear someone say something like, 'make sure you fold those clothes, proper this time!' the word 'proper' front work or sound good in that sentence, it's supposed to be properly. But that's just one example of many that I hear. It's like they try to take as many shortcuts to get to the end of he sentence, then they sound stupid for not knowing the correct way to word it. I find that sports castors are terrible for this. And it wouldn't take very much longer for them to say the correct words or phrase a sentence properly, it's just they have no idea that they are not saying it properly

• I don't think there's a "normal" way for an international language.

• standard English.

What Girls Said 0