Why aren't you more confident?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was physically abused. I'm having trouble with work. I don't earn much, so going out doesn't happen.

I've got chronic pain.

Getting new friends is tough by itself, and most won't call or invite me out (if I COULD) go out.

So I'm at home working on thing that won't go anywhere, avoiding family, and not really going out much unless it's super cheap.

Add to that some bad relationships and a lot of negative stuff with girls, and that destroys my confidence.

I have a girl I' m interested in, but know already that it's not going to happen, so I am trying to forget about her, but it hurts knowing that I would get shot down or avoided if I did ask her out, hurts knowing that I am so far beneath her (and so many other girl's) level.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, the entire time I was growing up basically everyone in my life from my family to my friends at school were telling me I wasn't good enough in some form. My mom said I was too fat, my dad said my singing was cool but I should play an instrument instead because that's more legitimate, my best friend said I wasn't pretty or interesting enough, my teachers said my goals weren't great... But jokes on them because my husband thinks I'm sexy, beautiful, and funny. My bosses think I'm kick ass at my job and they help me achieve my goals. My co-workers love it when I sing while working because I'm amazing at it and it raises morale. It took me a long time to get to where I could say all that though, and I'm still getting past living with all that doubt. People are cruel, but I'm learning to get over it.

What Guys Said 11

• confidence is gained in life, its not something i automatically have, and rejection in so many ways from the opposite gender and many other failures isn't going to fix that or help make any confidence.

• Because life is cruel and beats it out of me. That's why. But at a certain point and a certain age, I just plain cared less and less about it. And a certain confidence comes from not giving a damn.

• I'm confident for the most part. Why is a person less confident or not as confident than they wish to be. This could have a lot to do with Nature versus Nurture.

• To be more confident would require me to achieve more, otherwise it's merely bravado. I am confident st my own level however.

• I've always been shy and quiet. Then life fucked me and wouldn't give me a decent job after going to school and being an intern and working in the industry during my time working for the city

• Well my dick is just so huge
    You know
    It weighs me down
    It's like 13 inches long
    Damn thing alyways gets in the way
    Women get so scared

• Being neglected as a child and years of rejections

• because im ugly

• Im still in between arrogant and confident. Its hard to find a good balance

• According to Fox News, it's because I don't wear makeup, since supposedly makeup is supposed to make men and women feel more empowered (notice the sarcasm)

• Because she broke me...

Rejected me with a long extended silence!! And it shook my core, now I have 0 confidence.

What Girls Said 16

• I'm actually a little too confident and I need to tone it down sometimes but the way I keep winning just makes it so hard.

• I started to gain confidence but getting ignored when you're trying to let a guy know you miss him isn't helpful

• I still see the old me. The image is hard to shake, and I point out all my flaws.

• Got a lot of deeper issues lol

• Because I'm just not.

• I care about what people think

• I haven't achieved a lot to be more confident. I don't do bravado.

• sometimes the childhood insecurities still haunt me

• Because I know I'm an awful person most people are better off without.

• Because I listen to other people's opinions too much

• I need things to back up my confidence otherwise people will call me out on it.

• I'm really competitive with myself

• I'm very confident, actually.

• Because I've been single for 7 years lol

• I'm just really shy

• cause i've gained weight therefore i don't feel like myself. Working on lose it though ;)