What would happen if Comcast goes out of business?

So I hate Comcast but there the only Internet server that connects to my house So I have to go with it 😪

So so what would happen if Comcast was to suddenly go out of business?

Like if they for whatever reason then went out of business tomarrow doesn't really matter if they got sued the government shut them down or some alien race of shit pickles came and kid napped all there workers anally probed them and then barred them at center of the earth where they were doomed to get raped by Cthulhu for eternity ( sorry guys had to make up somthing Radom )
but with that all being said main point what if they radomly went out of business tomarrow?

( check out AVGN for shit pickle reference )

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always waited on like some entrepreneur to create something far better than Comcast with better features, options, and most importantly, better customer service that actually keeps their promises. Comcast is one of the worst companies on the planet.

If Comcast went out of business I'd have no choice but to switch over, but I'd imagine people would have parties of happiness to see that company go.

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably what happens to every other business that goes out for whatever reason (usually bankruptcy). Their assets get liquidated and sold to other companies by a bankruptcy judge that then prioritizes who gets paid first. It's doubtful you would suddenly lose all internet access. With money to be made you will just have a different name on the bill Since that part of the business will probably go into receivership (a different company takes over while the details of it are worked out in court). The market (whatever is being sold) abhors a vacuum. There's thousands of small-time ISP's (ie People PC and many more not even advertised), not just Comcast. Google is also getting into the broadband market and it's doubtful they will go bankrupt anytime soon since they have more money than god (half a trillion). And that will happen before we are invaded by alien pickles.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 7

• I have no idea about them as I never signed up for them or their XFinity service.

You can always switch to some other Internet provider such as Verizon, Sprint, or T-Mobile. Use something like 4G LTE Mobile Broadband if Cable Internet Service is no longer available. Otherwise you can always just tether the internet connection from your smartphone.

• Another internet provider would step in. The only thing keeping many of them eway is that Comcast owns a contract for your area. Once they disappear from the picture, others can step in.

• I'd be internet-less and my live streaming of the Olympics would cease to exist :(
    I'd be forced to go to AT&T and have them set up internet at my place with their ridiculous prices and $99 installation fee 😱

• They would probably sell the company to another company (Verizon, or something) and that company would assume control over all their equipment, and continue services while converting it to their own systems. It might help one of the providers totally monopolize the business.

• If that where to happen Charter would probably take over Comcast at the point, that is if the government would allow it.

• This is a Sexual Reference question? Wow Comcast is da pimp!

• lol i dont even know that that is