Should you be offended, if someone says that somebody is out of your league?

I've had this crush on this female, for a lack of a better term, numerous years ago. im over it now and moved on with life obviously lol but i saw her get engaged to someone on facebook. anyways, for some odd reason it was recalled to my mind that someone said she was out of my league. it made me feel like im a piece of shit or that im not good enough even though it happened years ago. im 24, always been single, and i probably always sold myself short

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I'd be very offended.

The person is pretty much saying that person is way more attractive than you are, and you have no chance with them.

I hate that term.

To me, there is no such thing.

People can be gorgeous on the outside but have shit personalities.

Only superficial people use that term.

Most Helpful Guy

• Offended? Maybe slightly. But to be honest, you could/probably should take it with a grain of salt. I'm not saying that the person is right or wrong, but you need to make sure you're being honest with yourself.

What Girls Said 10

• Awe, I'm sorry that a person felt they needed to say that to you. It's not okay for someone to tell you that you are out of someone's league. The only person who can determine whether they want to date you or not is the actual person, not some friend or random person who is a jerk.

Don't listen to people like that. You can date whomever you want. It can't hurt to try, the worst they can say is no.

• No not really bc you shouldn't pay attention to what others think!

• Omg that's a very offensive thing to say to someone. What a crap term too. No one is out of anyone's league. Sorry it made you feel that way!! I know how it feels. I still remember when someone told me that my crush could find better girls than me.. Pick yourself up and forget about it. That person is no better!

• Yeah, I'd be offended. Mostly because it's a very superficial way of looking at things.

• I think opinions are like assholes , everyone has them but it doesn't mean they are right. Don't feel bad it's just an opinion I'm sure she's not out of your league. Don't sell yourself short. Be confident and go for what you want!

• I wouldn't because I'm sure some people are out of my league and I'm sure I'm out of some peoples leagues, and I see nothing wrong with that.

• Yeah you should be offended its similar to them calling you low end for ex you wal mart and your crush is chanel. Whoever said that you should pawn him

• that's a very offensive and stupid thing to say

• Depend which the "out of my leagues" is. If he's ugly yes, if he's perfect no.

• That is very offensive I wouldn't give it any thought beauty is in the eye of the beholder what they find out of your league may be unappealing to you

What Guys Said 9

• should you be offended? i think it's fine to feel somewhat stung by that comment but ultimately you can't let it bother you.

I feel like i shouldve retaliated with answer of my own

i would just feel like if anyone feels like they are out of my league purely based on looks then they aren't a person i would ever want to be with

• If you never approached her, you can't really say she was out of your league! :P

• I don't believe in leagues so I wouldn't really care, besides opinions are exactly that opinions, not fact.

• Offended? No.

I'm not channing Tatum. But I don't think myself badly.

But I recognise myself that some girls are out of my league. It's not that's impossible, but I shouldn't feel dissapointed if they don't want me.

• To me leagues dont matter its how good your game is and technique, if you have those and confidence, you can play in any league

• Nope, i take that with confidence and move forward.

• No brah thats the truth sometimes we all know we can't get someone and it shouldn't offend you its just a simple truth.

Hmm well i dont know if i could get her, i never had the chance to approach her

i know i can't get a gorgeous 9/10 chick mainly because i lack the money and its gonna be a pain the ass protecting her so i dont bother most of the time, looks wise i can easily attract the hottest of the hottest and i have but getting with them is a different story.

• that is a stupid term, and stupid people use it

• I'd be happy cause that means they are saying I did a good job and probably got lucky.