Is gymnastics a 'gay' sport?

So let's take ballet for example, if a man said "Oh I do ballet" a lot of people will assume that he's gay.
What about gymnastics? If a guy said "I do gymnastics" Would you assume he's gay?

3mo I'm not saying that sports and activities automatically make someone gay. Or that straight guys can't enjoy certain things. But people assume things
3mo I love how this question has responses about activities and things can't be gay and the only thing that determines if you're gay is having sex with guys, but then I post a question about a cosplay I want to do and literally everyone says its gay
Drink bleach

Most Helpful Girl

• No no no !! That takes a lot of skill and muscle... I think it's sexy to be honest... Feminine in a way yes (by societal standards) but not gay in the least and some men make it masculine

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 19

• No! It is a sport and an art form. It doesn't make a person gay. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with that unless you personally associate yourself in that manner. I love Gymnastics, and Ballet. Its art. People are very immature. While they are some things that may seem questionable, it isn't anybody else business what they do in the bedroom unless it effects people as a whole. Overall, mocking somebody because of it is wrong. And your right. Sports and activities doesn't automatically makes someone one. Some men are actually very good at those things and I admire that. Most better than some women.

• I feel sorry for the male race when it comes to their sexuality questioned all the time over little petty things, like a pink shirt, or what sports they are a part of. Men do ballet all the time. It's just that in quick thought, we imagine them in a pink fair suit with tights.

Gymnastics to me is a form of body art, showing off amazing strength and things the human body can do.

• No, I would not. I would applaud him because I can barely even do a cartwheel tbh.

• Me an my cousin (who is a straight male) used to do gymnastics on horses. He won the olympics in 2004 and then quit and had a family. I dont think you have to be "gay" to be a gymnast lmfao

• I don't automatically assume someone's sexual orientation, and especially not on what they chose to do professionally or as a hobby. So for me personally, I don't see gymnastics like that.

• A sport and/or art does not define your sexuality.

I know but people assume things

Well that's their problem, not yours, mine, or anyone else's.
      If they have a problem with you or assume shit, that is all their problem.

• no why would it be

• (still. laughing)

• I wouldn't assume a gymnast is gay. It takes a lot of strength and skill. Actually, I don't assume anyone is gay Unless they say it themselves

• No, it is not.

• I never assume things. No sports are "gay sports".

• I didn't know what activity you do determines which gender you like..

• There are no "gay" sports

• Not at all

• Nah lol

• Say a ballet guy is gay is dumb, he has sleep with more women than him...
    And gymnastics is not a gay sport, the only "gay sport" is to have sex with the same sex.
    It's not because you doesn't look like a beef and have a tons of muscle this mean your gay.
    For exemple soccer is a big deal in south america and in Europe. It's the favorite sport of guys but in USA it's cosidered gay which is just dumb.

• No it's not. It's a very manly sport because it requires a lot of strength.

• No, not at all. It's an art. It requires a hell of a lot of strength, determination, skill, hard work, and dedication. What's not masculine about that?

• Of course not! Don't be silly!

What Guys Said 12

• id give him shit for it, but i still respect it cause its physical as fuck, and if it makes him happy, more power to him.

• No gymnastics takes an incredible amount of athleticism. Bodybuilding is much gayer than gymnastics lol. Ballet on the other hand is incredibly feminine

• You have to be really happy to prance around like a gymnast.

• no that's football

• This reminds me of something Stephen Colbert said,
    Two man luge, Gay Sport, or the Gayest sport

• It's not "gay" just considered more feminine. Doesn't make you gay.

• Nah its pretty cool.

• lol no

• Yeah its ''Gay''.

• Yeah. Wrestling is a straight sport. There's nothing more manly than rolling around half naked wearing spandex all sweaty with another man and pining him down while he moans. If you can do flips you're either guy or a ninja. No in between.

• No it's not homosexual sport

• its completely gay for a guy to be a gymnast... down vote me all you want but i refuse to be politically correct just for the sake of somebodies feelings