How often do you travel?

If you travel?

I travel every summer to a new place/country. A lot of my trips are extensive, as in I explore said place in detail. Plus I go out during free time, to different cities etc. (nearby cities).

Some of my peers travel, others don't. It got me wondering if people travel a lot (Uni students), and 'in the real world' how much do people travel

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I would say that I've traveled quite a lot. I've also lived in two foreign countries. However, at the moment I'm a university student and money is rather tight. Doing small trips within Europe isn't a big deal but going farther away is often very expensive. I can save up a little bit at a time for big trips but afterwards i need to live frugally again. For example 2 years ago I went on a big 5-week trip all over Japan with my best guy friend. We did a lot of things and we also stayed at nice hotels, so all in all, I paid around 5,500 USD for the trip (including the flight). For a uni student, that's usually a lot of money. So for the past 2 years, I couldn't really go anywhere. But now I'm okay again and I might go somewhere this winter. Plus, my girlfriend and I are getting married next summer, so I'm sure there's going to be a big honeymoon trip ;-).

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot for someone my age. My parents like travelling and think we should see the world's beauty. I lived in two foreign countries for a year each with my family, immersing ourselves in the language and culture as well as short vacations to visit family.

What Guys Said 3

• at least once a year i try to travel internationally. over the past 8 years i've been able to achieve this goal almost every year. then i also try to travel at least two times a year within the US as it is a goal of mine to see more and more of my own country

• Summer and Christmas. That's about it

• I like travelling.. I travel a lot.. I used to travel about 2 months once..

What Girls Said 8

• Very rarely.

I've left the country twice in my life. My last holiday was in November, and it's unlikely we'll be able to go away for a while.

But you know. That's cause I'm busy trying to afford food.

• i travel once year out-of-town or out of state
    haven't been out of country for many years
    growing up in the military i actually grew to have a somewhat distaste for travel
    most people i've worked with over the years don't go very far for their travels unless they've built up a 3 week vacation

• Not nearly often enough. :(

• I dont, hopefully I will when I'm established in my career and have some money to spare. I have no money at the moment

• Lucky you!

• Not often enough.

• Not often enough

• Not a lot unfortunately