Are AMD graphics card good?

Is it wise to buy laptop with dedicated AMD graphics card over NIVIDA graphic card?

0|0
3|16

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually use Nvidia. I had a computer that had an AMD Radeon card, and it had some issues if I pushed the graphics. Otherwise, it was ok.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 16

• Laptop graphics are shit. Doesn't matter what you buy. Unless you're going for a gtx 980m xD those are decent.

0|1
    0|0
  • it doesn't matter if its nvidia or amd they are pretty much the same so just look to get some that have good performance/price ratio.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's cheaper but you lose out a bit on performance and increased operating temperature but not by much.

0|0
    0|0
  • AMD has issues at their performance peak but on your average graphic card they are as capable as Nvidia.

0|1
    0|0
  • NVidia is my preference and with good reasons. Rarely serious problems and even if then it get's resolved with the help of their reliable support. So I HIGHLY recommend NVidia and do NOT recommend AMD both CPU and GPU.

http://i.imgur.com/MGcPb3J.png

0|0
    0|0
  • yes it is, NVIDIA graphics cards probably gets heating problem in it. i've heard a lot of problems realted to laptops with nvidia graphics that the card got heated and not working anymore. but in the terms of pc, nividia is the best

0|0
    0|0
  • There are good cards of both but generally as all i remember in processors amd is better and in graphic cards nvidia is better

0|0
    0|0
  • Nvidia offers more features like 128X SMAA and 8+pre rendered frames.
    Which model does the laptop offer?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes they are... Ofcourse
    I also use one...

0|0
    0|0
  • AMD is not the best if you want gaming, 3D modelling and VFX. I have issues myself often.

0|0
    0|0
  • be prepared for overheating on a regular basis and get ready to get ripped off for how much performance your getting for your buck. seriously, go with nvidia, they cost more but they work much better

0|0
    0|2
    • 3mo

That is not true. I have used both Nvidia and AMD GPUs and they all been amazing.

• AMD is cool but I prefer NVIDIA.

0|0
    0|0
  • NVidia all the way. Unless you are on tight budget. Dont go for lower end like 920, 840 etc, they are equally bad as AMD. NVIDIA has better sw n are more advanced.

0|0
    0|2
  • AMD and Nvidia both designs good GPUs.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

AMD is cheaper , so is it wise to buy a laptop with AMD gpu esp when gaming is main focus?

• 3mo

Which GPU? It really depends on which AMD GPU.

• Nvidia in most cases (not all cases) outperforms the AMD cards, but if you are looking for the better option based on the price-to-performance ratio then AMD walks it.

If you have the money get an Nvidia card, if you want more bang for your buck then AMD is the card to get.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are AMD cards better than Nvidia and there are Nvidia cards better than AMD. There are many notebook reviews/performance/graphic cards tests out there. Those might help you to understand it.
    When buying a laptop you buy a whole package (you can't exchange parts that easy like at a desktop PC), so it is also a compromise to your other requirements.

0|2
    0|0