Are AMD graphics card good?

Is it wise to buy laptop with dedicated AMD graphics card over NIVIDA graphic card?

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually use Nvidia. I had a computer that had an AMD Radeon card, and it had some issues if I pushed the graphics. Otherwise, it was ok.

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 16

• Laptop graphics are shit. Doesn't matter what you buy. Unless you're going for a gtx 980m xD those are decent.

• it doesn't matter if its nvidia or amd they are pretty much the same so just look to get some that have good performance/price ratio.

• It's cheaper but you lose out a bit on performance and increased operating temperature but not by much.

• AMD has issues at their performance peak but on your average graphic card they are as capable as Nvidia.

• NVidia is my preference and with good reasons. Rarely serious problems and even if then it get's resolved with the help of their reliable support. So I HIGHLY recommend NVidia and do NOT recommend AMD both CPU and GPU.

http://i.imgur.com/MGcPb3J.png

• yes it is, NVIDIA graphics cards probably gets heating problem in it. i've heard a lot of problems realted to laptops with nvidia graphics that the card got heated and not working anymore. but in the terms of pc, nividia is the best

• There are good cards of both but generally as all i remember in processors amd is better and in graphic cards nvidia is better

• Nvidia offers more features like 128X SMAA and 8+pre rendered frames.
    Which model does the laptop offer?

• Yes they are... Ofcourse
    I also use one...

• AMD is not the best if you want gaming, 3D modelling and VFX. I have issues myself often.

• be prepared for overheating on a regular basis and get ready to get ripped off for how much performance your getting for your buck. seriously, go with nvidia, they cost more but they work much better

That is not true. I have used both Nvidia and AMD GPUs and they all been amazing.

• AMD is cool but I prefer NVIDIA.

• NVidia all the way. Unless you are on tight budget. Dont go for lower end like 920, 840 etc, they are equally bad as AMD. NVIDIA has better sw n are more advanced.

• AMD and Nvidia both designs good GPUs.

AMD is cheaper , so is it wise to buy a laptop with AMD gpu esp when gaming is main focus?

Which GPU? It really depends on which AMD GPU.

• Nvidia in most cases (not all cases) outperforms the AMD cards, but if you are looking for the better option based on the price-to-performance ratio then AMD walks it.

If you have the money get an Nvidia card, if you want more bang for your buck then AMD is the card to get.

• There are AMD cards better than Nvidia and there are Nvidia cards better than AMD. There are many notebook reviews/performance/graphic cards tests out there. Those might help you to understand it.
    When buying a laptop you buy a whole package (you can't exchange parts that easy like at a desktop PC), so it is also a compromise to your other requirements.