Guys, Guys who dont work out, are you intimiated by muscular women?

So I met this guy, and he is kinda cute, but from what I havenoticed he doesn't really work out, or at least doesn't lift weight.

Me on the other hand works out regulary and it shows. Is it normal for guys who dont work out/has less visable muscles than a girl to feel intimiated by women look like they are in good shape or/and have visable muscles?

by the way, I dont look like a fitnessmodel or anything, but there is visable muscles in my thighs for example

19

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't see why.

I only have a 49 kilogram grip strength which is about average (48-51 kg or 105-113 lbs). Grip strength is usually somewhat indicative of overall strength provided the person didn't specifically train it (I didn't).

However, even some of the strongest women out there only have about 34-38 kg grip strength. To be "muscular" in this sense is to have low body fat, not necessarily muscle mass.

I might be a tad intimidated by a girl who has more muscle mass and a grip strength stronger than me. Then again it'd be a bit convenient since she can be the one opening pickle jars and so forth for me.

What Guys Said 18

• No I am not intimidated by a muscular woman / guy, hopefully they are making those in order to achieve the goal they have in mind and not to impress others.

If I looked at someone who has a muscular body, my usual reaction is "He probably goes to the gym and likes to work out" thats probably it.

• I don't work out because I'm not allowed to work out for medical reasons.
    I don't find muscular women intimidating. However, I do find them unsightly.

• It's not that we're intimidated necessarily. It's just about the dynamics of the yin and yang interactions. If you project more physical power than a male, then it essentially turns the yin and yang polarities on their head. No man wants to be the female or the submissive in a relationship! Or at least, as a general rule.

• I will admit that I did have that kind of feeling before. Still do to an extent.

• 0|0

Ok, I dont look anything close to her

• Intimidated? No. Impressed or turned on? Yes.

• not intimidated just not attracted.

• "Intimidated"? No. I just find them gross.

• Nope! Just be yourself. That's what I ask of you.

• It from the stereotype that every thing associated with woman is weak or second rate. Woman showing muscle definition is a blow to that and even more so when the is able to lift bigger weights than the guy.

• muscle on women are gross. it makes them look masculine.

• i do work out and im not intimidated by muscular women but i am turned off by them

• muscular women aren't feminine. like soft curves

• no it just disgusts me. its not insecurity or intimidation.

• Honestly I wouldn't say intimidated, but I would think she isn't interested and never try anything

• Not really I dont find muscular women attractive

• I prefer more feminine bodies. A little muscle is okay... but i wouldn't get intimidated... just not my thing to see of a women.

• I don't work out, though I do heavy lifting at work and I walk a lot. Would I be intimidated by a woman that works out? Nope.

I'm happy with my body, even if it's not the body of a Greek God.