Is it true when someone is offended, it's most likely true?

Like if you said, "Asians suck at math" most people wouldn't be offended because it's not true. But if you said "black people have lower iq's on average" people get offended.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• No, because people can get offended even when something isn't true.

but why?

Everyone reacts differently. Some people are more sensitive about things than others. A casual joke for one person might be painful for someone else.

Most Helpful Guy

• No not really since the root of "black people have low IQ is derived from the aged old claims by the racialists that black people have low IQ in which used by the supremacist to justify the bogus science of human divided into 5 races" that has been thourougly debunked.

People are just offended by stupidity in general especially stupid claims from the 19th century

Actually it's been proven by data

U must be the idiot from Australia I spoke to before... really dude? u need to do ur research! Recent up to date facts and statistics! Not someones corrupted perception! U are ignorant as all hell!

What Girls Said 6

• omg im so offended cuz u said Asians r bad at math how dare u

• Some people just don't get offended easily and some do so it depends on the person and some stereotypes are more offensive than others so it depends on that too bc there is a line were it can go to far and b hurtful

But the point is, if I said something completely crazy, like Albert Einstein has autism. Would most people be offended? Because it's not true

most people probably not but there could b a few that feel that it's making fun of them or a loved one so they feel offended. I personally don't get offended easily so that kind of stuff doesn't bother me but I was just trying to bring a different view point to the table lol

Bc for instance if they know someone very well who has autism they may feel u r somehow making fun of them bc what u said is so outrageous they may feel ur making fun of them and feel the need to b offended.

• lolz, to be safe, just don't play any racist card in whatever you said.
    and LOLZ, as an Asian, I can say that some Asians sucks at math too

• No. Just like you could say girls are bad athletes, it's not true, and girls know that. Some will still get offended because what your saying is judgmental, hurtful, and stereotypical. Others won't get offended because their used to it. It really doesn't matter if what you said is true or not. What's hurtful is hurtful.

Well compared to male athletes, they're not nearly as good

@FallOutBoy2001 well we know very well because they made excuses as to why they lost.

@dudeman I really don't care, again that could point to losing on purpose, but ok

• no, it's not that simple.

• As my daughter said once "The truth is something people will sometimes find uncomfortable..."

What Guys Said 8

• No, these whole SJW retards who took the most useless courses in university and are unhappy with their lives + have too much free time, will find everything offensive. Compliment one on their looks and they'll probably freak out.
    People just love to bitch and take things in the worst way possible.

• No, thats not at all true,
    If I said, that jeff is the kind of person who would rape his own mother for profit, does that make it true?

• people get offended because no one wants to deal with a negative streotype about themselves. It makes their life harder.

If I were to say white people are the most racist group of people on earth, a lot of them will get offended eventhough its a trait that can be easily fixed (unlike genetically linked abilities like intelligence). Because no one with self esteem willing wants to accept they have a negative quality, maybe unless they are very mature or depressed.

• Reality can be painful to some people out there...

• No it's not true. People get offended because they take it as a insult, especially stereotypes.

• You are very stupid

• whats the point of this question?

• The holocaust never happened