If you had children, what hobby or characteristics would you like your child to have?

Do you want the child to have the same hobbies as you? How about simpler characteristics? Anything else?

Most Helpful Guy

• A sport is mandatory. Life skills like tramwork, hardworking, goal setting etc are great byproducts of playing sports. Huge advocate of them. I also would want them to pick another hobby to be more well rounded. Just hopefully not something like cosplay, where they live in an alternate universe and think they can escape the real world.

"Just hopefully not something like cosplay, where they live in an alternate universe and think they can escape the real world."

Haha... lol 😂

I'm not getting through here
      I see I won't
      Point is you hate on something you don't know about
      Soemthing you have no place to judge
      It doesn't hurt you

@SlightlyCrazy You have no argument to get through. Your main argument is i have no knowledge about it so i can't judge. But I so know enough to judge. So let me ask you, What makes you able to judge that it's fine? Are you knowledgeable about it? If it's that your friends in college do it and "Some are old enough to buy a house" then that doesn't hold too much weight.

My point is being fanatical about something that is not real. I would like my future kids to stay away from it. There is nothing harmful in that. I didn't name call or judge in a bad light. Just going off my observations. Nothing ignorant about that. But it seems you don't listen to any of that. Your more concerned that "I wasn't nice in my original post here".

There was no hate in any of what I said in any of my posts. It was an adult argument with points presented on my side. So don't take it personal.

Most Helpful Girl

• I want them to be their own person and I'll help enrich their personalities and future goals early on if I was to have children. What matters is that they grow up in a safe and loving environment where they can grow and mature into responsible adults. They can have similar characteristics as me and my husband, but I want them to make that choice where their comfortable.

What Guys Said 10

• I always wished I could play the piano so if I did have a child I would encourage that in addition to my family traditions of hunting, trapping, and making maple syrup.

• I would like for them to explore their own interests, I would try to help them figure out what that is

• I would want them to think for themselves and to have the confidence to go for what they want.

• I'd like them to be in the creative field. Such as Art, Fashion, Design, or Architecture. That way I could raise them up as my apprentice. But if they want to purse anything else I won't hold them back.

• Well I want one kid to be a doctor/nurse, another to be a mechanic, and one in engineering.

• Whatever makes them happy as along as it doesn't harm themselves or other people.

• Respectful, honest, hard working

• smart

• Tall 180+ iq good with girls

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 10

• I'd love if they were into soccer (I spent most of my life playing and have amazing memories from it). But it really doesn't matter - as long as they have an interest in SOMETHING, I'm happy =] I want to expose them to all sorts of hobbies, and they can choose what they like.

As far as characteristics go... kind, playful, active, and open.

• Every child has specific bent of mind, interest and understanding. I would like to watch his/her activities and interests. Only then it would be appropriate to teach the child where should she/he go. And if later I find that her/hie interest is in different field, let she/he do accordingly. The characteristics develop under free will and proper guidance.

• I have two, at this point. They are being expo to diff. activities. stuff they learn and build for future if they wish to continue. such as soccer, ice skating, swimming, cycling, and a few other things.

• I'd like them to be in dance classes and maybe even pageants. If it's a girl anyway. Also I'd hope they don't grow up to be as socially awkward as I am/was

• I want my daughters to learn how to play volleyball, at least that

• However they are, I'll nurture their natural talents.

• Self-reliance, ambition, compassion

• Naturally kind and talkative

And work in doctor field

• I would want them to be very active, to play a sport they like. But a sport is mandatory. I would want them to have at least one hobby that develops a talent or a skill.

• I would like for my children to ALWAYS question shit and be as defiant as I am ☺️ I would also like for them to be physically active and push through whatever is thrown their way 😎