Have you seen the Documentary series 'Making a Murderer'? and if so what did you think?

The series aired on Netflix last year and has garnered widespread praise and attention towards its subjects Steven Avery and Brenden Dassey.

Have you seen it? and if so what did you think?

If you haven't seen it, you definitely should.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dassey's conviction was an embarrassment. Like, a complete and total fucking embarrassment. Those investigators and prosecutors should be ashamed of themselves.

As for Avery, it sure seems like the cards were stacked against the dude. And it sure didn't feel like they proved his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

I read a pretty fascinating theory about what actually went down, and it seems to fit much better than just pinning the whole thing on Steve.

What Girls Said 12

• I think it's good that Dassey was released. His "confessions" were clearly manipulated out of him, didn't even match with any of the evidence found, and considering the fact that his IQ isn't exactly the highest, I think it's only fair that they came to their senses and realized that he had nothing to do with what happened. At the very least not in the way he "confessed".
    As for Avery, I'm still on the fence. Sure, something is up with the evidence that has been found and it wouldn't surprise me if some of it was planted or tampered with. But a body doesn't just randomly show up on someone else's property with ALL evidence pointing towards the person who owns the property, and no feasible explanation as to how it could have ended up there otherwise.
    It's been quite a while since I last saw the show and I haven't really done much digging of my own. But I do know that some people have claimed that the show has left out some key elements and is clearly not objective, since they're painting Avery to be the innocent one.
    So yeah. I'm on the fence, except for Dassey's case.

Well there are other suspects that could have put it there cause they knew the sherifs hated Avery. But of course it's hard to know that cause these sherifs decided to only focus on Avery and not any other possible lead

• added to my wish list

• Nah, I've heard of it but I haven't seen it.

• I saw it. It was interesting. I would have liked to have heard everything that the jury heard. That's the stuff that you never know for sure.

• Yes I watched it. I thin the Manitowoc Police are crazy af and railroaded this man like was said in the documentary. I think he's innocent as well as Brandon Dassey. I can't wait until the part 2 is released.

• I've seen it, the kid wasn't a genius and was heavily manipulated so I feel extremely bad for him. Avery though I have a gut feeling that he did it. I feel as if the police either a) had evidence but it wasn't enough b) had a gut feeling so they needed evidence or c) they just really disliked him (or a combination of multiple) which is why evidence appears to be planted... I don't know release the kid he's fine but Avery.. no

• I haven't, but I've heard about it. Didn't a judge drop his charges? or was that someone else

Well recently the kid Brenden Dassey's case has been overturned by a judge and will be getting out in 90 days. but Steven avery is still awaiting his time.

You should check it out, its great show.

Like his lawyers say, i think he is not guilty... which may not necessarily mean he's innocent, just that the states case against him just seems quite bogus... i mean the police did not follow every possible lead, they seemed to focus all of their attention directly on Avery from the get go. There was an ex boyfriend, a roommate, a cousin and nephew of Avery that all had opportunity and access... but yet they were not questioned or followed upon.

it does appear that evidence was planted and that a couple bad cops were the culprits behind it. Just a lot of suspicious things that make me doubt... they give you reasonable doubt when you think about them

gotcha. Did you watch the OJ trial show?

• No I've never actually seen it before

hmm im curious mooky, how do you feel about Australia's Justice system? do you feel its just? or is it very flawed?

hmmm interesting, well i think you should give this series a watch, it might have something in common with your country's legal system

I might lol thanks

• I got bored of it. Stopped less than half way through the season.

• I haven't seen it and if you can only watch it on Netflix then I probably won't.

• I HAVEN'T now i want too!!1

oh yeah definitely give it a watch when you have time. its sooo good.

Dude you must all happened leke 1m5 hours from me in Wisconsin haha

• No i haven't

What Guys Said 7

• Yeah dude. I've been following this case for years. I live like only 1.5 hour away from where this all went down and I actually just read an article that the nephew was being released. I believe he was setup big time.

• Never watched it. I've seen them on the guide but never watched it.

• It came on my radar but I haven't watched it

• haven't seen it yet.

• Heard of it haven't seen it

• I've tried it twice, it failed both times to grab my attention

Really? I couldn't stop.

@Daynada That isn't enough to grab me. I mean it might've actually been more interesting if they moved it faster and didn't do the real-time stuff, but unfortunately just the idea of it isn't enough to hook me

@Maxemeister ok, fair enough

• Love that show!