Would you buy a Korean car?

Examples of popular Korean cars: A Hyundai i30
Would you buy a Korean car?

A KIA optima GT

A KIA cerato

A Hyundai i40

These brands used to be shit but they've come a long way in the last 4 or 5 years.

5 years ago I would've scoffed at the proportion of actually spending money on these but they have now come a long way.
What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• if i could i would, they drive so well and have fairly good shelf lives, and unlike Ford, Chevrolet and other American companies they have yet to have any major flaws in their models to require a complete worldwide recall of those models, so i would love to buy one, unfortunately they're 1.5x to 3x more expensive so i can't afford it right now

special remembrance for Anton Yelchin (aka Pavel Chenkov - StarTrek) for the events that led to his death by a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee on July 19, 2016

• note, my comment is for Hyundai, i don't know too much about other Asian companies, though i know that Mazda was bought by Ford and that the RX-7 was the last real car they ever made, and that ford also bought Mitsubishi and the last real car that ever made was the 1999 Eclipse, and that Kia have never made any good cars and Isuzu despite starting as a motorcycle company is doing fairly well in making cars, but not as good as Hyundai and Nissan

Most Helpful Guy

• Lmao when I saw this question in my feed I was thinking 5 years ago I would of said hell no. Now I'd consider it but doubtful I'd get one cuz I need a truck. But id recommend them to others

• I hope nobody gets so won over by the improvements in these brands that they actually trust a 5 year old second hand piece of shit

Sponsored

What Girls Said 5

• Probably not just because I'm not familiar with them and a car is too huge of an investment to toy around with.

• I do know that next month I will be receiving a brand new Kia Ceed as a wedding present from my darling grandparents. :)

• Very nice grandparents.

• @appleAPPS Why don't you take the time in reading through this properly, before making such rude and unjust comments.

• @appleAPPS Reported and Blocked.

• I'd definitely consider it if it were a good deal for the price

• if I to buy a car then yes

• I would never buy a Korean car

What Guys Said 14

• i would definitely hyundai especially has been a reliable brand for nearly 10 years.

• If theree was a dealer close by, yes.

• Nope i personally wouldn't. I love German ones too much. I'd pick Japanese ones before these too.

• Where are you from?

• Or whatever Maoris eat? What do they eat?

• Def chips and potatoes, don't mind rice but i've grown up on spuds.

• Yeah I heard they are pretty good now and I like the style of the Optima

• Yeah I would but I would want to see a few brands to compare before buying.

• Nope, I'd buy a water car

https://youtu.be/2150iFXF5Vc

• If I would buy a Kolean cal? Hmm.. lemme think. I don't lightfully know if I wanna pulchase a Kolean cal.. I guess if the plice was light..

• Yes, they come with a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty.

• I have a Kia Optima. Not bad at all

• Is it the GT?

• Ha! I wish. 2015 LX, most basic version available at the time

• wait a minute...

• I had a KIA Optima...2004. It was the worst car I ever owned. I warned everyone that I knew not to ever buy one...

• A brand new Kia raced my 10 year old car and I won.

• ugly.
    no i won`t

• I think the optima GT actually looks pretty cool. Couldn't say the same for any of the others though.

• in looks

• Oh ok. The back of it looks a bit shit too to be honest.

• amazing how people think Korean cars are better then American cars, although most American cars aren't even made here anymore.

• I didn't say they were better than anything just better than what they used to be. Which was utter shit. Now they are acceptable low end brands.

• Not you, people that buy them & comments here.