Why do boys usually pursue more quantitative majors?

Sometimes I wonder if there is truth to the stigma that men are just generally better at math than women.

Because even in University (business school) somehow the guys could be near perfect students and still behave in the most immature of ways. And the women who were good students were complicated.

It made me think maybe it's just that boys naturally tend to like the sciences, math etc. more and women like creative stuff more.

3mo Always wondered

Most Helpful Guy

• They are in general. This isn't to say it's absolute but from a general perspective a man's brain is hardwired to comprehend logic based thinking at a higher level than a woman.

www.columbia.edu/.../mf2.html

What Guys Said 3

• Guys are just generally better at hard sciences. They do better in rational and logical thinking. People who say something else ar just naive.

Guys brains are wired differently and that brings advantages and disadvantages.

• I think that evelution has made men better problem solver natural so they could catch a zebra to eat or kill a lion that was getting to close to camp but I also believe anything a man can do a female can do equally well

• that fact has always been true, you probably just took a long time to realize it because of what feminism is doing these days.

What Girls Said 0