Who suffers from anxiety/panic attacks?

When you have an anxiety/panic attack. What do you do to feel better?

Most Helpful Guy

• i do the deep breathing thing inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth and put my focus into it, and going for walks also helps me

Most Helpful Girl

• I really try to focus on something else. Really try to engage in the task and block everything out. I also learned through meditation how to slip into a personal world where everything is okay. Usually that helps calm me down. What also helps me is I have a few close friends who know and they talk me through it. Ill state what is making me panic and then they will sort of talk me down. By the end of it, im looking back and realizing there was no reason to panic and all is well. Focusing on breathing also really helps, If you take slow deep breaths your mind will begin to slow which helps a lot. If you are in a place where you can listen to music, create a playlist of songs to calm you down. I remember in high school I would have my headphones down the back of my shirt and snaked up behind my ear. If I ever felt anxious id just pop one in and get lost in the songs. Writing was a big one too, If you write and just allow yourself to vent, if you didn't know why you were panicking that would help show you. Drawing or any form of art can really help. Another thing to do is go on a walk or something by yourself and try to just surround yourself with positive people. If you are around positive people you will start to feel better. Sometimes you will feel invincible and panicking is at the back of your mind and you dont even pay attention to it. These are just a few things that helped me, through self discovery you will find what works for you.

What Guys Said 1

• Anything that requires 100% of my attention. If you're completely focussed on something then you won't have time to worry or feel anxious about anything

What Girls Said 0