How much of a loser am I?

Alright here it goes! I am 21 years old and I am a virgin. I never kissed a girl and I never had a girlfriend. I see other people younger than me having had sex already, have girlfriends and are driving at least used cars (its better than nothing), whereas I don't even have a drivers license.
People around my age have already a job somewhere such as cashiers and I cannot get hired anywhere and i keep trying it for almost a year now!
I am a college student and have 1 year left to get my diploma but the profession i have chosen has disappointed me and sucks and i dont like it. i was told lies, that programmers are needed people. here i am, a programmer and i am the best student according to my college and still unemployed. i start to feel like college is a waste of money and time and a scam. because if college would be worth it, i would be working right now.
recently i made a wave of job applications again and got the same day turned down from 3 places already.
no, my resume doesn't suck. i used to work before and then the company has cut down it's employees.

to top it all i dont even live in my homecountry! i live in the northern Eurasia in a populated city and yet there are no jobs. some people also complain about the lack of jobs and tell me that i shouldn't disappoint myself about not being able to get a job which i still do.
i wish i could turn my life around with a job so i can take turns in my pathetic and worthless joke called my life and get the F out of here and move to a different country where there are no shortage of jobs or picky employers. i hate this country and i hate this city!
and the other people around my age have far more success than i have right now and i envy them a lot for it.

i guess i am born a loser. am i really meant to be a loser and die a loser? is there going to be an end to this?

• shiet nigguh you are a true loserborn
  • no u are not a loser. yet.
  • call yourself a bloody loser?

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not a loser at all, which is why I didn't pick anything from the poll. As a matter of fact, in other countries/societies, this is normal and actually looked up upon. I'm proud of you, why do you feel the need to be promiscuous? Why are you a "loser" bc you're a virgin? Is it because everyone else isn't? Is it because of the overly-sexualized society that we live in? Ask yourself these questions.. you're mature now and old enough so your first experience will most likely be much better than these dumb little kids who sleep around just to do it
    Don't do something just to do it.. and don't feel bad. Take pride in where you stand.. I think purity is a beautiful thing

Not in regards for my virginity, in fact, i love my virginity but very often i am super and extremely horny.

the reason i am feeling down is because i can't get a job. i want to get out of there ASAP.

You will! Don't worry :)

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, don't worry about girls and sex yet. I'm 26 and never kissed or dated. So what? That will come when I feel ready. Same for you. There is no schedule or deadline. Everyone goes at their own pace. Second, if you are searching for professional jobs in programming i suggest you start with a volunteer job on something more simple. I am looking to become a professional SQL Server development or something around that. I started with being a volunteer teaching older (elderly) people on how to use computers. Things like email, Skype, word, excel, etc. I got references, some experience, and it still had at least something to do with my profession. Try a similar approach. Getting a job that pays is easier when you got experience by being a volunteer or intern. Don't go for the gold right away. You have to take it step-by-step. Also, if companies don't respond, don't get discouraged. They get tons and tons of application they probably don't have the time to go through all of them. You can also try online freelance jobs. I use 'upwork'. Check it out. And it's summer in Eurasia which means the market is slower or more slim. So don't give up.

freelance seems like the only source of money for me then. i hope i can scrounge enough cash to GTFO of here.
      If only i can get a job in the first place, that would be great.

What Girls Said 3

• The reason y u rnt a loser yet is this... u haven't stopped trying... when u give up that's when u become a loser... second if u rnt being hired then start ur own company... that's the only way out... only those people go ahead in life who take risks... u might even surpass the people who u r comparing urself to... don't compare urself to others... if u r as smart as u say u r then start ur own company... be the next bill Gates or something like that... then u can move out n ull be creating new jobs for soo many people... make this ur motivation not demotivation.. best of luck :)

a new company out of nothing is not a plan. i keep however trying to no avail.

Just the way good days won't stay bad days also won't stay... I told u stop focusing on the problems focus on the goal

• You are not a loser ! any of these answers are correct.
    You will be a loser if you give up and if you keep self-pitying.
    Hold on Im sure its going to be better !

• so you'd rather just have a pity party than actually go get a life?

if i could get a grip on my life for once, i would start my life but as for now i can't. nobody is hiring me!

You won't get a grip of life after someone hires you.

You need to get a grip of life for someone to hire you.

@yucel_eden I will. I can't have the one without the other.

What Guys Said 17

• There are individuals a lot worse off than you. You can continue to whine about your situation or do something about it. That's the bottom line. Your happiness is within your own making. So it is your depression. You're above ground. There are opportunities out there you just have to look for them. Vent out your frustrations, then its time to get to work. Finish your education, keep looking for work, and take a look within yourself and then seek your desires with passion and vigor. Don't stop until you've obtained what you want. You have to be tenacious.

I try and I keep trying it. My situation just doesn't budge :/
      But I will never give up.

Thanks for the insight brother!
      I will keep repeating applying until the results are desirable.

You are most welcome and anytime. Feel free to reach out to me if you feel you need more advice or just want to vent.

• I think you're good lol. You're 21 dude. Switch your major. Go to university. Get a job. Then the girlfriend will fall into your life.

But the others have far more success than i have right now!

and most girls here are gold diggers!

Then get off gag and go find a job. Make an unrelenting effort

i already have (hence i came back here now) and i keep repeating sending those applications everywhere.

• Your basising how well your doing from not having a girlfriend and not having sex? Look man, having a girl is alright but in the big picture of your life, they shouldn't be on your mind right now. Most people get married at 27-30 you got six years to find someone!
    As for the job, at least your not flipping patties. Keep pushing yourself to get better with programming. With the applications, if they say "no" today, doesn't mean they will tomorrow! Keep applying, ask what you can do to improve, they should be like "oh Jesus, here HE comes again..."
    And if you get down in life, look up inspiring videos on YouTube. Eric thomas, less brown, and Jim rohn. You go on YouTube, listen to their talks and they will inspire you like no other to keep pushing

And stop calling yourself a freaking loser, its your mind set that sucks, not you

I can see what you're saying but I kept applying for almost a year now even to the same companies, that declined me. it all seems like hopeless to me. not that i give up but that there is little point to keep trying.
      i know that if i won't even try, it will for sure stay that way.

• Um okay. Life is not fun but most of us don't try to grab some much needed pitty. Us showing pity ain't gonna do shit, nothing's gonna change it's up to the person to change their life and to make something of themselves.

• you are still very young. you should look for opportunities in different fields. dont quit trying because it won't get you anywhere. the worst that can happen if you continue applying for jobs is you get rejected. thats still better than not trying (which I can garuntee won't land you a job).
    work on your self, exceecise and join activites like sports. it will relieve your stress and increase ur attractiveness.
    enjoy the journey of life.

i know but i am no fan of sports. im more like a laid back and slow paced person, not that it has anything to do with applying for jobs.

you should try sports, you will start to like it once you get in to it. you can even try jogging or swimming.

I have

• You're a loser for calling yourself a loser.

Don't be an idiot.

• Confidence bro, that's what you need. Don't give a fuck if you are ugly, short, whatever, if you have confidence, you'll find someone.

The problem, that get's me is my long term unemployment. The lack of girlfriend isn't a big issue :/

• Dude, its sad to say but you are 100% perfect looser. Even the looser concept has been found for you.

• You know you can do stuff to work on it right?

• I can't really understand why you'd be calling yourself a "loser".

im a jobless tosser and i have not as much success as people younger than me (they already drive used cars at least) :(

• is it possible to be a programmer at 22 ? also you are a loser but about girlfriend you can turn the tide.

• This Is the guy version of fishing for compliments :/

• There are people older than you who haven't

• tldnr

• no u are not a loser. yet.

• Loser...

What a feminist thing to say

• I'd fuck you.

Hahaha^^^ whether you were serious or joking is still lol'ed

@Thatguy321 I never joke about sex.