Do you think most people judge a book by it's cover?

i think that most people don't even know the situation. They just jump to the conclusion part.
If a person looks sweet then yeah he/she is innocent.
what do you guys think?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• From personal experience 101 I learned one thing. If someone says they are innocent, friendly and or sweet 99.9% of the time that's false and they are complete opposite. This is why most people who don't know me will claim I'm an asshole and a douchebag and I'm perfectly fine with that, since people who know me are well aware that I'm an asshole and a douchebag but ones you get over my shitty personality you realize I'm prob one of more genuine and nicer people out there, again assuming you can look past my sour and shitty personality.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 14

• No matter what anyone says the answer is yes. The first thing you notice with a person is their physical appearance so it's only natural to do this. How people react to this is what defines them as a person. Unfortunately we are in a very superficial society today and many people tend to judge a person purely on their looks, these people are small minded and stupid. Thankfully there are plenty of people who know that a persons looks doesn't indicate their personality.

• Innocent girs are still freaks in the sheets!
    In general, everyone will judge everyone based on their general appearance. Doesn't matter if it's silently to yourself.

• Uh it called first impression. It not necessary entirely based on look for me. The way you act and how you dress/look like will be what I use to form my first impression of you.

• With so many books how else do you judge? I'm not psychic.

• It's human nature to draw conclusions based on physical features.

• Yeah, but when you first meet someone that is all you have to go on.

But after that you can get to know them a bit more and it doesn't take too long to find out what someone is really like.

• oh yea, i do all the time. girl with tattoos = trailer park
    blonde girl = dumb
    mexican = smelly

• I imagine it happening so much is why the phrase was created in the first place. lol

• That's why covers have color. LOL

• everyone.

people here just say whats acceptable.

whos stupid enough not to use this advantage?

• Have faith people

• Sorry girls.
    But I do judge books by the covers.

• Hell yeah, im considered attractive and my friends constantly tell me how girls are so friendly towards me. And how it never happens to them.

• yeesir

What Girls Said 13

• As a Goth I can say yes 100% people judge a book by their cover. People assume Im some depressed or angry theif, murderer or satan worshipper. Oh please lol. I have never committed a crime in my life and as for my mood Id say Im "normal" and dont freak out or cry in the corner while writing dark poetry. You simply can't judge someone by their age, race, how they dress or their gender. The "bad guy" or "bad girl" is not always going to be the creepy one in the bunch just like the one who is well dressed and groomed isn't always the angel. Look at Ted Bundy for example, many could not believe what he did because he was the charming, well dressed man. You can't judge anyone on their outside but by their actions (shady or not)

• Definitely. They see someone dressed a certain way and avoid them. I try not to do that, but I will stray from popular people just to avoid judgment.

• I literally judge books by covers lol

If the cover doesn't look good, i won't read it.

And I'm the same way with people.

• Oh, for sure. It's easy to do. People really can't help it, even if they know it's not always the best thing to do.

• Yes, and that's why it matters how people present themselves...

• Oh yeh totally, I'm always judged as a bitch when I'm the opposite. They always say don't judge a book by its cover.

• Yes, I feel some people jump to conclusions and assume instead of taking the time to get to know someone or something.

• Of course.
    I know for a fact people judge me by how I look.

• Yes, it's quite obvious.

• Yes, a lot of people are very shallow.

• Yes, people definitely judge me

They do? i can't imagine it being negative

@Mydnite partier, slut, stupid. Hah all the time

That's typical, any pretty girl who doesn't dress conservatively will get that. Fuck em. Honestly, when i first saw you, i just thought what a pretty girl and she looks so sweet and welcoming with that warm smile.

• As a child I was not self aware. Well now that I'm a little older and can see that many do

• It's hard wired into our brain to make snap judgements. We do it without even thinking about it.