Ladies, have you ever had troubles with your ear piercings before?

I just ask because mine have been giving me trouble and I was just wondering if anybody else has experienced this. I have 7 ear piercings total, I have three on each ear on the lower half of my ear and on the left I have my cartilage pierced on the top. The top one is the only one that's not bothering me, the rest are very irritated on both ears and hurt. I've had them forever, so I'm not sure why they are acting up now but they hurt.

So, have you ever had this happen before? If so, what did you do to make it feel better?

Most Helpful Guy

• It was hell when I got my cock piercings :/

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I occasionally get the odd annoyance. I have 13. 3 in the lobes each, 2 cartilage on the right, 3 cartilage on the left, 1 extra in the lobe on the left and one in between those on the left. So it's separated into 8 and 5.

And occasionally they'll get a bit itchy, or feel like they're getting "infected" but it's not infected, I just take them out, clean out all the earrings, and put them back in with an anti septic cream.

Sometimes they hurt, and that's just from lying on them. I've had them for years, the first ones I got when I was 2. Some days they just get a bit irritated. I don't have any problems with infections or things like that that some people get, it could be you just have an issue that's developing.

But take them out, have a hot shower and wash your ears, clean all the earrings with a peroxide or hot salty water, or just a good wipe, and put them back in.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 21

• I have my ears pierced & got them done 12 years ago. For the longest time my left ear seemed like it wouldn't heal. I thought it was because the lady got thw gun thing stuck while doing it but I think it was just one of those things. I still have random issues once in a while with it, like if I've been wearing heavy earrings, like the dangly ones, it hurts sometimes & a clear liquid would come out even though its supposedly healed.

Also I had my left cartilage pierced as well with a barbell in it. I ran out of the cleaner so instead of buying more I used something else, like hydrogen peroxide cause I'm a goofball lol. My skin started to grow around the barbell & wasn't healing. So I had to remove it & let it grow back. There's still a little spot there but it healed. I think honestly if you don't change your earrings daily & don't twist them even after healing they can cause problems. Also I make it a habit to clean my earrings regularly with rubbing alcohol & a q-tip

• I've had many piercings and my ears are always the ones that play up.

I'd recommend salt water baths for them, or wet tea bags used to dab (tea is naturally antibacterial)... or something stronger like TCP, but that stuff stinks.

Have you may be developed and allergy to the metal? I can only wear gold and silver, anything else makes my lobes swell and itch.

• It could be the material of the earrings you're wearing.
    I used to wear earrings often but after a year or two my ears started getting infected. I can't wear fake silver or fake gold earrings now.

• Yeah but very rarely maybe it's an allergy to some material in one of the earnings you wore? I know that i can mostly only wear gold and silver for a long period of time, otherwise it makes my piercing irritated.

• Oh, yeah. I got one earring almost ripped out fully. I haven't worn any since, haha. As for your issue, make sure you clean the area that's bothering you. You may need to leave the earrings out for a few days as well.

• I just have one in each, and if they got irritated it was because it wasn't nickle free or something. Are you allergic to certain metals? Maybe try some hypoallergenic earrings to see a difference.

If you already use them, then I'm not sure. Maybe there's scar tissue build up or something. Maybe take them all out and soak them in sea salt water for a bit to clean them out. It's kind of awkward, you have to boil some water and put the salt in, then put it in a mug or something so you can dip your ear in.

I don't think I am.

Okay, I'll give that a try. Thanks.

No problem. I hope it works!

• As a person with two sets of stretched ears (ex. iridescentscribblings.files.wordpress.com/.../l.jpg) I find myself getting ear infections once every couple of months. My fault if I'm honest. But yeah it happens sometimes. I fix by soaking the ears in salt water and then putting vaseline on them after to avoid drying of the skin.

I also take ibuprofen to knock down any and all swelling/pain.

• Yeh I had mine swell as was allergic to the cheap fake gold they had in the studs. So had to take them out, finish course of antibiotics and have then repierced

• When I got my first piercing in my ear, it got irritated. I took the piercing out, and the hole closed up. Afterwards.. m Turned out that I was allergic to the material of my earring. Now I have the piercing in my other ear, and switched to silver almost immediately after I got it. I never had problems again.

• Mine get infected if I don't wear earrings for awhile. What I usually do is clean my ear lobe with contact solution. Yes contact solution! It works just as good as the stuff they give you when you first get them pierced. After that I put Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment on my post earrings and put them back in. It'll hurt like hell for a couple hours but after it settles your ear will start to heal and feel so much better!

• maybe its your earing. do you clean it every time you shower?

i have 8 piercings total (4 right and 4 left), it usually hurts when i dont clean it often or if i wear cheap earrings.

• Nope, well I don't know
    I just went in and they did it.
    After a few days, I think my ears kind of swelled up, not sure. It hurt but my best friend fixed it by just fixing the earring that they gave.

• They get a little pained whenever I get a cold, usually:

• Could be an allergic reaction to the jewelry. I only use stainless steel, surgical steel and anything real (gold, silver) because cheap stuff irritates my skin badly.

• Yeah. A few times!! specially in the cartilage zone. It takes time to fully heal so make sure you clean it up 2 times a day with saline and that you're a using a decent quality piercing :)

• I have one too but mine never gave me any problem but my friends have kind of a bubble and she needs to put some type of medicine in it

• Well when I got my ears pierced it burst a blood vessel in one and then got infected. My piercing didn't last very long as a result

• I have 4 piercings in total and yea I do have trouble with them, but all you need to do is take care of your ear. By that I mean by cleaning it, not sleeping on it, and being gentle with it. If it gets infected don't give up and clean around your piercing everyday before you go to bed.

• If you are not allergic to anything, then I think you should take your piercings off, and let your ears rest for at least a day or two. That happed to me once, and I am not allergic to anything.

• Sometimes piercing reject, be sure to use a saline solution when cleaning to prevent infections

• Thoroughly clean your ears and earrings with rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. This has happened to me. I soak my earrings in the hydrogen peroxide once a month overnight. Haven't had another infection. Use a Q-tip for your ears