Why does my love life suck?

My love life sucks i swear! I finally meet a nice guy after 13 years of my adolescent life being alone and he goes off overseas for 4 months and I never get to hear from him. I have no idea if we are dating because we never got a chance to make it offical. He really liked me and we tried to hang out because all he wanted to do was see me and spend time with me but something kept getting in the way. He said when we come back we would be in an actual relationship together because he wants to have a stable relationship since he is always gone (idk if he is lying or I am being paranoid due to my lack of self esteem). I told him I will wait but all the time he has been gone we have not communicated. He is always busy on the ship and when we do talk it is "Wow" or "Cool" he did ask where we were going to hang out when he got back but I don't know exactly when he is coming back. Advice? I can wait for him i just want to know that he is coming back to me Advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because life is like a shitty game of wheel of fortune except the wheel is a lot bigger decreasing your chances of a fortune life.

Most Helpful Girl

• If someone truly cares for you, they will put effort into your relationship whether they are close or far away.
    The fact that he is showing a lack of effort, makes me believe that he isn't truly invested in you.
    I wouldn't put all of my eggs in one basket, I'd get to know other men and see if anything ever became of my relationship with them.
    I wouldn't tell him this unless I became official with someone.
    How do you know he's not overseas being with tons of women?
    He'll come back to you with all of that wildness out of his system and ready to "settle".
    Don't be silly... being overseas doesn't stop someones interest if they truly had it.

What Guys Said 1

• I think u juz need a man like meh in yo life 🤔

What Girls Said 3

• Nowadays, with the technology around us, there are no excuses with not being able to be in touch. You need to flat out confront this issue with him, he can't keep you hanging around forever. That's not fair to you. If he is committed to you than he needs to clearly show it, if can't then he's not.

• I'm so confused by 13 years of adolescent life. Does that mean you are 13? Or 13 years after you were an adolescent?

• Seriously? Your love life sucks? Go get some hobbies, dear.